• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XJETDriver said:
Umm...hired??? NO You mean get an interview! But good try

XJETDriver,

You're right, interview.

Here's how it works:

First you pay $5000 for single and multi engine evaluations (this is for the "outside FSA" people... dont need to do that if you got CIME from Flight Safety).

Next, you interview *upfront* with XJET, with 400 total time and 100 multi engine.

If you pass the interview (which is like any other regular XJET interview, not watered down or anything), then you're hired, you're given the conditional letter of employment.

It's conditional on completing the Seneca/Seminole training and ERJ145 training at flight safety, following the XJT procedures, callouts, checklists, etc. This is for $22,500. But note you don't pay the $22,500 unless you're hired.

Upon completion of the ERJ145 sim training, and XJT check airman gives you a sim check.

Then you're done, and assigned the next available indoc class at XJT.

PacoPollo said:
Whats wrong with www.gulfstreamacademy.com? They are ahead of the game with 250hrs part 121 than any 500hrs cfi....
I don't know, they didn't give a reason as to why, but in my class everyone was a current CFI as well as a few furloughed guys. I never personally dealt with any GIA people except at my interview so I won't bad mouth them, but I have heard all the stories about PFT.

Flyer1015 said:
XJETDriver,

You're right, interview.

Here's how it works:

First you pay $5000 for single and multi engine evaluations (this is for the "outside FSA" people... dont need to do that if you got CIME from Flight Safety).

Next, you interview *upfront* with XJET, with 400 total time and 100 multi engine.

If you pass the interview (which is like any other regular XJET interview, not watered down or anything), then you're hired, you're given the conditional letter of employment.

It's conditional on completing the Seneca/Seminole training and ERJ145 training at flight safety, following the XJT procedures, callouts, checklists, etc. This is for $22,500. But note you don't pay the $22,500 unless you're hired.

Upon completion of the ERJ145 sim training, and XJT check airman gives you a sim check.

Then you're done, and assigned the next available indoc class at XJT.

What??? When the he!! did they start doing this?? I haven't heard anything of guys interviewing BEFORE they get their ratings. And I sure haven't heard of XJT check airmen giving checkrides to guys who have went through some hokey 145 FTD class at FSA. This doesn't sound right to me, but I could be wrong. I sure hope I'm wrong! I've flown with some of these low-time FSA guys and what they need is about 600 more hours of good experience and less 145 FTD time taught by another 400 hour TT pilot. Go learn to fly an airplane before getting an airline job.

11thHour said:
Heh, I've got an ATP, 2600 hours, 1300 ME turbine, and after applying I got a response via email telling me they don't have a position for which I am qualified. If you're low time, give a shot though. They seem to want that.

Do you have a current flying job? Recent flight experience?

Truckdriver said:
What??? When the he!! did they start doing this?? I haven't heard anything of guys interviewing BEFORE they get their ratings. And I sure haven't heard of XJT check airmen giving checkrides to guys who have went through some hokey 145 FTD class at FSA. This doesn't sound right to me, but I could be wrong. I sure hope I'm wrong! I've flown with some of these low-time FSA guys and what they need is about 600 more hours of good experience and less 145 FTD time taught by another 400 hour TT pilot. Go learn to fly an airplane before getting an airline job.

No, they all need at least a Commercial, Multi Engine, Instrument ratings before they can start this Direct Track program.

XJT requires the Comm/ME/Instrument, and 400 total time and 100 multi engine to interview.

Once you interview upfront, THEN, you pay the $22,500 sum to flight safety and start your training.

Here's more detailed info about this program:

http://www.flightsafetyacademy.com/career/support/course_advanced_description.pdf

Four airlines participate in the Direct Track program... ASA (on hold, not running), TSA, Eagle, and XJT.

As far as I know, at the end for your sim checkride, a check airman comes form your respective airline you were conditionally hired for. Once you pass this checkride, you start indoc with your airline.

The XJT Direct Track came around last year... the first class went through June 13 2005:

http://www.flightsafetyacademy.com/news/release.php?id=2005-06-13

And the ERJ 145 is a full motion simulator, Level D.

Flyer1015 said:
No, they all need at least a Commercial, Multi Engine, Instrument ratings before they can start this Direct Track program.

XJT requires the Comm/ME/Instrument, and 400 total time and 100 multi engine to interview.

Once you interview upfront, THEN, you pay the $22,500 sum to flight safety and start your training.

http://www.flightsafetyacademy.com/career/support/course_advanced_description.pdf

Four airlines participate in the Direct Track program... ASA (on hold, not running), TSA, Eagle, and XJT.

As far as I know, at the end for your sim checkride, a check airman comes form your respective airline you were conditionally hired for. Once you pass this checkride, you start indoc with your airline.

The XJT Direct Track came around last year... the first class went through June 13 2005:

I'm sure glad I spent 1450 hours as a CFI sweating my balls off in light aircraft for nothin'. All I needed was another large loan. Silly me....:rolleyes:

Flyer1015 said:

I have no doubt in some sort of XJT program at FSA, but I don't believe that XJT check airmen actually come out to FSA and give checkrides to fellas who have wen't through the program. These guys have enough to do training and checking our guys and I doubt XJT is going to pay them to come on out and check FSA guys. Again, I could be wrong. I still think your $22,500 would be better spent getting some real flying experience, but that is just my opinion. I have flown with some of these FSA guys and they sure could use a little more experience instead of learning to fly in an RJ. None of them are bad pilots, they just don't have the basic flying skills that someone with more time has.

Hey JetPig..how was Mexicoat......? I highly doubt that all GIA people are blacklisted...their is usually a rhyme or reason. Good Luck

Cheers,
Stinker

WAZUP said:
I have 900 and 105 and a buddy of mine walked in my resume and I filled out the online app. Would you say I have a good chance of getting interviewed?

-umm, no. Walking in a resume does ZERO good. Just be patient and wait. If you have the minimums, you will probably get called if they need you. It took me 5 weeks before I heard anything.

Latest resources

Back