ExpressJet to fly for....American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Popeye0537 said:
Hell no, the CRJ line is CRAP! I just rode a ASA 70 seater for 2 hr 30 min.... I agree with you 100% but put your 50 seat up against our 170's and you have a lose/lose situation. I know your gonna say its not fair to compare the XR to the 170, but its also unfair to compare the 145 LR to the XR. Give the LR a belly tank and the range increases.

Ok I'm lost...are you saying that someone would rather be on a 70 seat CRJ than a 50 seat XR?

Why? 2 restrooms on the 70? The 70 is just a 50 (in cabin size) stretched out even more. To the traveler, its a small jet all around, 50 or 70 seats. To me, its just hell on earth no matter how long the trip.

Jetlink said:
Ok I'm lost...are you saying that someone would rather be on a 70 seat CRJ than a 50 seat XR?

Why? 2 restrooms on the 70? The 70 is just a 50 (in cabin size) stretched out even more. To the traveler, its a small jet all around, 50 or 70 seats. To me, its just hell on earth no matter how long the trip.

No what I'm sayin is that people would rather fly the E170 anyday over the CRJ700/900 E-145XR

That is where this industry is moving to, the 69 XR's your keeping are going to have a hard time finding a home at any other airline because 50 seats are a thing of the past.

I agree that the E170/190 is by far the most comfortable jet out there - even more so than mainline economy seats. That being said, COEX doesn't operate them - so, no need for debate here because CHQ/Shuttle won't have the opportunity to operate them for AA if this rumor proves to be true.

Let's try not to get into one of those "my airplane is bigger than your airplane" debates... Instead, let's be happy that low-seniority COEX pilots might still have jobs in a few months...

Popeye0537 said:
No what I'm sayin is that people would rather fly the E170 anyday over the CRJ700/900 E-145XR

That is where this industry is moving to, the 69 XR's your keeping are going to have a hard time finding a home at any other airline because 50 seats are a thing of the past.

You wanna bet? You are just spouting BS out just like everyone else. None of us know whats going to happen. Armchair CEO's thats all we are. Until i see facts than everything is just rumors.

We will see but you will see these planes flying somewhere, do you really think we would have come out like 5 months earlier than we had to and say we are keeping the planes and we Hope we can fly them somewhere. The flying for the planes probably has already been lined up. our mgmt isnt stupid they wouldnt have decided to keep the planes with the HOPES of making money with them. Period

Did I mention that we are the best? The BEST! I love coming to these boards and people taking it SO seriously. Oh, we're the highest paid too. :D

If thats not cocky enough for you......[/quote]

Dude, you are the highest paid Regional Pilots.... thats like being the smartest kid on the short bus.

Superpilot92 said:
You wanna bet? You are just spouting BS out just like everyone else. None of us know whats going to happen. Armchair CEO's thats all we are. Until i see facts than everything is just rumors.

We will see but you will see these planes flying somewhere, do you really think we would have come out like 5 months earlier than we had to and say we are keeping the planes and we Hope we can fly them somewhere. The flying for the planes probably has already been lined up. our mgmt isnt stupid they wouldnt have decided to keep the planes with the HOPES of making money with them. Period

Yea... I'll bet on it. I wont bet on "hopes". Give it another 3-4 yrs. 70 seats will be close to the max on most scopes, and you can bet regionals will fly the scope to the max. Airlines are shaped by more than just pilots. Popularity formed by what media says, what pax say, and what brings in the money will shape the plane you fly.

Flyby1206 said:
Did I mention that we are the best? The BEST! I love coming to these boards and people taking it SO seriously. Oh, we're the highest paid too. :D

If thats not cocky enough for you......

Dude, you are the highest paid Regional Pilots.... thats like being the smartest kid on the short bus.[/quote]

Hmm, I don't know if its quite like that...maybe its like being the highest paid short bus driver....when we all know that being the long bus driver is where its at! Even with Delta wages!!!

I know I know...its so minor league. Thats why I don't give a shiit!

Ok the truth is, this whole thread is flame bait. XJT is just spiteful towards CAL, we are parking the 69 in the desert rather than relinquish to CHQ, and we are going to pay everyone that would have been furloughed full pay to sit at home, and we are going to hire through the end of the year, "just to show em we can!" We have no home for the planes, we came out early and let CAL know we are keeping them as a school yard disagreement between Larry and Jim.

Its funny how a rumor can cause get so much reaction in so little time, kind of like throwing a banana into a room full of starving monkeys. But I guess that is kind of what regional pilots are...starving monkeys. I hope AMR announces tomorrow that Eagle will be receiving 59 E170s to fly these routes....just for the sake of the reaction on here. I don't believe for a second that an XJT plane will have blue and red stripes until I see it.

Last edited:
This is the most intellegent post I've seen in this thread

Ok the truth is, this whole thread is flame bait. XJT is just spiteful towards CAL, we are parking the 69 in the desert rather than relinquish to CHQ, and we are going to pay everyone that would have been furloughed full pay to sit at home, and we are going to hire through the end of the year, "just to show em we can!" We have no home for the planes, we came out early and let CAL know we are keeping them as a school yard disagreement between Larry and Jim.[/quote]

cybourg10 said:
Its funny how a rumor can cause get so much reaction in so little time, kind of like throwing a banana into a room full of starving monkeys. But I guess that is kind of what regional pilots are...starving monkeys. I hope AMR announces tomorrow that Eagle will be receiving 59 E170s to fly these routes....just for the sake of the reaction on here. I don't believe for a second that an XJT plane will have blue and red stripes until I see it.

I hope they do too. I hope CAL announces tomorrow everything was a big ole joke and nothings changing. I hope that I become a millionaire...

Eagle is at its Scope limit so your little scenario is never going to happen. I won't believe an XJT plane in the red and white until I see that press release issued, oh I dunno, end of summer lets say.

And its not just regional pilots who are starving monkeys...its PILOTS in general.

Latest resources

Back