• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet to fly for....American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As long as we all know that Jetlink is the best of the best of the best. "I can't believe that I have to do this, but I gotta send someon to Top Gun........You were #2....Comair was #1, they just washed out, turned in thier wings."

Ha ha....

"Best product out there??" Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. What airlines want a 50 seat A/C that can fly for 4 hours? None that I know of, they want mainline Jets to do that work. The XR is VERY uncomfortable after 2 hours.

Last edited:
On Your Six said:
I wonder what Flight Options and other part-135 Legacy operators (ie Swift Aviation) think about this potential development? Would Coex use its 145s or its 135s for the charter operation?

Certainly would add some route variety for the Coex pilots who get to do the flying... Get ready to shoot approaches at Aspen...

They would be 145's. Isn't swift primarily an aircraft management company where the Legacy is concerned? At any rate, I don't think we'd be cometing with their market, our jets are at best 4 hour airplanes. Much shorter legs than the Legacy.

Aspen again after a two year hiatus? Sweet! Gear Down and Flaps 22 by Red Table, Ice, coffee and newspapers!

Jetlink said:
Upgrade times?? At Eagle?? LOLOLOLOLOL....ohhhh, yeah...thats a good one.

Maybe its that flow-back provision they have there at Eagle.....hmm....because their flow-through provision SUCKED big time.

Why didn't AMR buy XR's so they could actually fly the routes they want flown? They still could if they wanted too.

It is easy to slam those who's company "takes" flying when that pilot group isn't paid the highest. Its not so easy to do when a company who's pilot group does have the industry leading contract is awarded the flying.

Hey, I was kept out of "upgrading" for 3 years because we had a little thing called a flow-back provision that let CAL pilots flow on back down should there be a furlough, and there was. I wasn't happy about it, but its hard to argue with a deal that is contractual, I knew it existed when I got hired, and lived with it.

CAL flowed roughly 450 back to Express, maybe more I can't recall off-hand, but CAL has "flowed-through" nearly 1800 pilots from Express to CAL. I'd say that was a pretty good deal, at least for the 1800 or so and now those behind them all who "moved up" the ladder.

I will always believe that a strong small jet provider who has a close relationship to one "mothership" is certainly more beneficial to all rather than a piece-mealed system of redundant providers, but who am I but a lowly pilot ;)

XJT is not taking away "routes and upgrades" that Eagle believes should have been theirs. Eagle voted their contract in. They have to live with it's realities. If you were hired at Eagle in the last 10 years and you didn't expect 12 years in as an FO, then please tell me how you passed the drug test because the main reason I never applied to Eagle, although they had the best base structure, is because even I knew and had heard from those there, that it certainly was not "the place to be."

Holy crap I love beer!! It makes this thread even more funny. Dude, did you actually read what I wrote. I don't care if you really do work for the bestest regional in whole wide wide world. I have many many friends at Eagle. BOTTOM LINE.... YOU WILL BE LOOKED UPON AS A PILOT GROUP THAT IS TAKING FLYING AWAY FROM THEM......Don't take it personally. If this "rumor" is true, get ready for the slammin bud. Now, back to the beer!!!!!!!

007 said:
LMAO,

Are you guys really ready to throw punches because some As=hole says something? How many rumors are there right now about XJT?
Until I see a press release, I don't believe anything.

I GOTTA give it to you, Jetlink, you take the bait crown for the month.

Holy sh=t.

:beer: Well I try. Over 2000 views in something like 6 hours...NOT BAD!!!! I am trying to beat COEX MX caught in bucket thread, but people are just all about the blood and guts, and not about understanding that we are the BEST!! (not our mechanics obviously)

God I crack myself up sometimes. :D

Popeye0537 said:
As long as we all know that Jetlink is the best of the best of the best. "I can't believe that I have to do this, but I gotta send someon to Top Gun........You were #2....Comair was #1, they just washed out, turned in thier wings."

Ha ha....

"Best product out there??" Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. What airlines want a 50 seat A/C that can fly for 4 hours? None that I know of, they want 70 seaters to do that work. The XR is VERY uncomfortable after 2 hours.

now that was some Funny Sh_t right there

Popeye0537 said:
"Best product out there??" Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. What airlines want a 50 seat A/C that can fly for 4 hours? None that I know of, they want 70 seaters to do that work. The XR is VERY uncomfortable after 2 hours.

The numbers speak for themselves. Sorry I'm proud of my airline Popeye, but somebodies got to supply you with comedy material.;)

Popeye0537 said:

Ha ha....

Because the CRJ700 is comfortable? Or the 900?? None of the damn things are comfortable and the airlines don't really worry about what people think about 50, 70 or 90 seats for 4 hours so long as they keep buying tickets on the damn things.

The XR, the 145, the CRJ series...all of them are uncomforable as soon as I sit down...thank God I get to sit up front. I dread dead-heading on the damn things.

I thought the DoJet was pretty comfortable. Too bad it is slow and can't fly very far... Seriously, I find the XR to be more comfortable than any CRJ (those low windows hurt my neck...).

I suppose there is an automatic change from my "dammns" to "dangs" by the software on this "dang" board....it makes me sound like I fly for Eagle or something....dang it.

Jetlink said:
Because the CRJ700 is comfortable? Or the 900?? None of the dang things are comfortable and the airlines don't really worry about what people think about 50, 70 or 90 seats for 4 hours so long as they keep buying tickets on the dang things.

The XR, the 145, the CRJ series...all of them are uncomforable as soon as I sit down...thank God I get to sit up front. I dread dead-heading on the dang things.

Hell no, the CRJ line is CRAP! I just rode a ASA 70 seater for 2 hr 30 min.... I agree with you 100% but put your 50 seat up against our 170's and you have a lose/lose situation. I know your gonna say its not fair to compare the XR to the 170, but its also unfair to compare the 145 LR to the XR. Give the LR a belly tank and the range increases. You still beat it in payload but not in comfort.

On a side note, have you ever tried to Pi$$ is the rear lav of the CRJ700? Who the hell designed that marvel...I had to stand back and aim for the bowl because of the slope of the cabin!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back