ExpressJet to fly for....American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Popeye0537 said:
No what I'm sayin is that people would rather fly the E170 anyday over the CRJ700/900 E-145XR

That is where this industry is moving to, the 69 XR's your keeping are going to have a hard time finding a home at any other airline because 50 seats are a thing of the past.

Aww yes...the E170...I agree...I also agree that its not a "regional jet." Its about as much a "regional jet" as the 145XR from Houston to Toronto, or as the B757 from Houston to San Antonio...its ignorant and just such an easy, allbeit innaccurate descriptor. I love the term "commuter jet", what the hell is that anyway?

The E170/190 is a cabin class airplane, and without a middle seat, much better than any single isle Boeing.

Jetlink said:
I hope they do too. I hope CAL announces tomorrow everything was a big ole joke and nothings changing. I hope that I become a millionaire...

Eagle is at its Scope limit so your little scenario is never going to happen. I won't believe an XJT plane in the red and white until I see that press release issued, oh I dunno, end of summer lets say.

And its not just regional pilots who are starving monkeys...its PILOTS in general.

Just for the record, I hope XJT does find someone to fly their 69 ERJs for, I hope AA recalls and the Eagle guys get a break, I hope every regional out there never puts another guy out on the street.....guys should learn to respect the profession & pilots at the other airlines and not celebrate when one airline takes flying away from another (not that this applies here). Lets not all fight each other to the bottom. And I wouldn't say that mainline pilots are starving monkeys.....just under paid monkeys :).

coincidence, ya think?? but no!

I got more skillz than that fool does and hopefully we can debate about it soon!

FLY ASA!:pimp:

First, the rumor is believable. I speculated elsewhere to this effect immediately following the annoucement that XJT would keep the airframes.

Eagle had scheduled more aircraft for delivery but deferred due to high loan rates. The plan for additional flying is shelved somewhere. In addition AA continues to park airplanes, yet with an operating profit and increasing revenues I can't imagine they don't need the seats. If this comes to pass, expect Eagle to park 135's, 140's and/or Saabs (the Saabs were already supposed to be gone by now IIRC), so in reality it will be replacement flying; except the reality is XJT will be replacing AA flying that Eagle previously replaced. All us regionals are "replacement" carriers - so just get over it already!

If this happens it will be very ugly at Eagle.

EMBPILOT1 said:
Holy crap I love beer!! It makes this thread even more funny. Dude, did you actually read what I wrote. I don't care if you really do work for the bestest regional in whole wide wide world. I have many many friends at Eagle. BOTTOM LINE.... YOU WILL BE LOOKED UPON AS A PILOT GROUP THAT IS TAKING FLYING AWAY FROM THEM......Don't take it personally. If this "rumor" is true, get ready for the slammin bud. Now, back to the beer!!!!!!!

Why should we care? most of those Eagle guys are too old to do anything about it anyway...

But seriously, you can't be labled as a pilot group that "took" flying if your contract in terms of compensation and work rules (QOL) is better than the group you are replacing, I guess we could call that an airline realizing a bad investment and fixing it's problems. And the pilot group you are replacing should be happy they are being replaced because it is the downsizing of the company they bitch about constantly (Read: TSA, MESA, PSA, CHQ, and others) and maybe they can come be FO's somewhere it's actually plesent to work.

Last edited:
ERJFO said:
But seriously, you can't be labled as a pilot group that "took" flying if your contract in terms of compensation and work rules (QOL) is better than the group you are replacing

Don't know where you got that idea. It makes no sense.

ERJFO said:
Why should we care? most of those Eagle guys are too old to do anything about it anyway...

But seriously, you can't be labled as a pilot group that "took" flying if your contract in terms of compensation and work rules (QOL) is better than the group you are replacing, I guess we could call that an airline realizing a bad investment and fixing it's problems. And the pilot group you are replacing should be happy they are being replaced because it is the downsizing of the company they bitch about constantly (Read: TSA, MESA, PSA, CHQ, and others) and maybe they can come be FO's somewhere it's actually plesent to work.

UMMMMMM what the HELL are you talking about?

Latest resources

Back