• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I like it here. Schedules can be tough, but paving roads, waiting tables, digging ditches or roofing is much worse.

Having done 3 of the 4, I can say that there are times that I would rather be Manuel Labor. But overall, this is MUCH better. This "career" is best approached with a zen attitude. Waaaayyy too many things beyond your control. The hardest part can be dealing with the sheer stupidity of situations that you are put in by the ignorance, laziness or caprice of those who are "supporting" you.

How many days a month away from home for new hire fo?

If you are in base, and on reserve you should definitely plan on living in base. If you end up commuting, it will be somewhere between 20 and 31. Would depend on how well you can work your limited reserve/ commute options and plain dumb luck. If you have never non-reved or jumpseated before, they are still great benefits when they work. If you are planning on using them to get to/from work on a regular basis- caveat emptor.

Last edited:
How many days a month away from home for new hire fo?

You get a solid 11 days off per month. This is regardless of the number of days in each month. Of the 11 days off you get, plan on only having 6 days of the available 11, which are imovable to the point of actually being able to plan something. The other 5 may be moved around at the company's "discression".

Your schedule will be published, as a reserve, on the 25th-27th of each month.

If you live in base, and are on reserve, you may be home more than the minimum 11 days off. Depends on the season. Summer season, you'll be flying everyday you are available. Winter season, you'll have more days at home than a junior line holder. In other words, even though you are on-call, scheduling may not use you everyday.

Age is not a factor. I fly with many career changers who are in their 50's.

If you live in base, and are on reserve, you may be home more than the minimum 11 days off. Depends on the season. Summer season, you'll be flying everyday you are available. Winter season, you'll have more days at home than a junior line holder. In other words, even though you are on-call, scheduling may not use you everyday.

Age is not a factor. I fly with many career changers who are in their 50's.

You WILL fly every day you are on call. No extra days off, regardless of season. Scheduling is good at that. On RARE occasion, does a reserve end up with an extra day off.

Used to, it was common to "bust hump" in the summer, and recharge durring the downtime of the fall. However, this season, for example, the reserves have credited more time and been away from home more than the summer- and this is supposed to be our slowest time of the year.

This would be the way to get all the answers....

ExpressJet Airlines will be attending the Aero Crew Solutions pilot job fair in Atlanta on Saturday, Nov. 3. For more information about the event please visit www.aerocrewsolutions.com/pilot-job-fair/

Can anyone tell me what I can expect from the recruiter or I guess more importantly what he expects of me?

Have no idea what to expect and rather have some idea of what might transpire.

Thanks again.

You WILL fly every day you are on call. No extra days off, regardless of season. Scheduling is good at that. On RARE occasion, does a reserve end up with an extra day off.

Credited over 90 for the month with 4 reserve days at home (CR7/9) not that it would help a commuter.

Can anyone tell me what I can expect from the recruiter or I guess more importantly what he expects of me?

Have no idea what to expect and rather have some idea of what might transpire.

Thanks again.

At this point I think the recruiter hopes you'll show up for the interview, successfully fog a mirror, show up for a training class, and then not split to American Eagle for the signing bonus.

EDIT: The recruiter also hopes you're old enough and experienced enough to get an ATP IAW the new law.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back