ExpressJet questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rumpletumbler

Where are new hire FO's likely to be based? Is ATL or something commutable from ATL possible?

Is there any benefit or negative in applying without having all the minimum requirements at the time of application? I do realize the obvious of "minimum requirements" but see people applying that don't meet them just don't want to do anything to hurt my chances.

I have about 1475 hours (little over a thousand teaching) and the multi time but passport just applied for a week ago, need the radio license, currently have 2'nd class medical but no problem holding a first and need to get the ATP written out of the way. All that can be done fairly quickly I just was curious if it helped or hurt to go ahead and apply?

I'm also 51 years old. Old folks ok?

You should go ahead and get the ATP written done at least. However, get all your stuff, and apply as soon as you can. Age is no barrier at all.
More than half of our pilots commute by air to various bases, at least on the LASA side (legacy ASA). There is a good commuter policy in place which takes a lot of stress away.

This is one of the best regionals to be at right now. Don't even consider the bottom feeders...there's one out there where the pilots fly for peanuts just so their company can bid low and steal the flying from the good airlines. The pilots there are highly despised, and it's well deserved too!

Put Expressjet, and/or Skywest at the top of your list. Look forward to seeing you here.

I don't want to give you bad info so I'll just say I don't know... I'd get the mins first personally.

Best of luck sir. I agree - the two SkyWest Inc. companies would be at the top of my list too. Both are great choices.

You've got over a week until the job fair. That should be enough time to get your first class medical, apply for the radio license, get your ATP written done (just do the one-day deal at All ATPs), and maybe if you're really ambitious, find a way to get as many of those 25 hours as you can. Finding a hiring window at a decent company these days seems harder and harder to come by, so you'll really want to become a fully qualified applicant within the window if you really want the job. Good luck!

Where are new hire FO's likely to be based? Is ATL or something commutable from ATL possible?

Is there any benefit or negative in applying without having all the minimum requirements at the time of application? I do realize the obvious of "minimum requirements" but see people applying that don't meet them just don't want to do anything to hurt my chances.

I have about 1475 hours (little over a thousand teaching) and the multi time but passport just applied for a week ago, need the radio license, currently have 2'nd class medical but no problem holding a first and need to get the ATP written out of the way. All that can be done fairly quickly I just was curious if it helped or hurt to go ahead and apply?

I'm also 51 years old. Old folks ok?

You need the ATP written done and get a 1st class medical! The FCC radio license is just something you pay for and request online. Come talk to the recruiters at the job fair if you can make it.

As far as bases, its still up in the air right now with the latest vacancy bid. Should have a better idea around first week of November, but Id say new-hire will continue to go to DTW and IAD.

Don't worry about the age thing, we have a wide range of ages and experience levels in the last few new-hire classes.

Half the newhires quit before finishing basic indoc and you guys act like this guy is going to have a difficult time getting on with the "prestigious" SureJet

Half the newhires quit before finishing basic indoc and you guys act like this guy is going to have a difficult time getting on with the "prestigious" SureJet

Not too many pilots quit before the end of indoc...........they're smart enough to quite right after they get their ATP and type rating. At least that way the're eligible for expat flying.

Why would an experienced pilot come and put up with our schedulers, their crap, and our slave-to-the-man work rules that compose our reserve system? Nobody puts up with the abuse when they have other options. Why is our company management to stupid to fix what drives people away, especially when many of the fixes cost little?

Danny a chump ex CP, Fred milking it & hasn't flown the line in years, yeah, those two "loosers" have ALL the answers

Latest resources

Back