• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet - Making the move?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah?...How many 12 year guys you got?...AND how many are coming to Atlanta?.....Also, you know this but continue to ignore it....our 1 through 10 year guys make MORE than yours.....and profit sharing equal to 2K a years...what's that? ExpressJet has profit sharing?....yeah, but NO profit...not for years and years....oh yeah, with our profit sharing + wage, there are 2 particular years that make less...and that will be fixed in the JCBA anyway...plus your dues are double ours...plus we get 3 weeks of vacation 3 years before ya'll...and by bidding our holidays, work 80 hours per year less than ya'll (meaning 4 weeks vacation right from your first year )...and have a PPO health plan guaranteed by our contract...whereas yours says health insurance is whatever the company wants to give you
( hint..an HSA with double or triple the premiums and deductibles )....I could go on and on...

Yeah?...How many 12 year guys you got?...AND how many are coming to Atlanta?.....Also, you know this but continue to ignore it....our 1 through 10 year guys make MORE than yours.....and profit sharing equal to 2K a years...what's that? ExpressJet has profit sharing?....yeah, but NO profit...not for years and years....oh yeah, with our profit sharing + wage, there are 2 particular years that make less...and that will be fixed in the JCBA anyway...plus your dues are double ours...plus we get 3 weeks of vacation 3 years before ya'll...and by bidding our holidays, work 80 hours per year less than ya'll (meaning 4 weeks vacation right from your first year )...and have a PPO health plan guaranteed by our contract...whereas yours says health insurance is whatever the company wants to give you
( hint..an HSA with double or triple the premiums and deductibles )....I could go on and on...

Sorry, but only years 1,2, and 3 is your base rate higher and not enough to off set the $75. a month license premium. You must of missed the memo we will receive the performance + profit sharing starting next month. Additionally our work rules allow a much better quality of life. Also, the day we have SOC our "me to" clause will give us much of what you point out! I could go on and on as well.

Really, no reason to debate it hear, the fact's are what they are. One day we will all work together and we need to get the best of both contracts plus in the new JCBA nothing less.

Ok I must have missed something Expressjet Merged with ASA right? But I thought that ASA was owned by skywest which is in UT. I thought that ASA was going to be moving to UT soon whats up?

You're right, we will work together to get the best contract....and I just can't resisting pointing out that the Performance + profit sharing is OUR profit sharing from ASA.....NOT ExpressJet !!! And no, having read your contract over and over, I am baffled about your claims of quality of life....Our contract clearly has the edge there. But again, as you are a totally owned subsidiary of Atlantic Southeast Airlines....we welcome those Dispatchers who actually move to Atlanta!!!

Yes, what is going on? Inquiring minds want to know.

The SKYW folks can chime in, but I'd bet $5 you'll never see ASQ/BTA dispatch in SGU. Look at the struggle SKYW is having just finding people to work there now.

If SKYW wants everyone under one roof, they'll have to move. But methinks they're a-ok with the status quo as it keeps the unions out of their offices. Plus, with three different pilot groups they can whipsaw them against each other.

Ok I must have missed something Expressjet Merged with ASA right? But I thought that ASA was owned by skywest which is in UT. I thought that ASA was going to be moving to UT soon whats up?

Merged? No. They are still seperate carriers, and can therefore be whipsawed until they reach SOC. IIRC, SOC is expected late 2011/early 2012.

Here's my two cents:

Not touching this one, not even with a 10-foot pole.

:)

...I am baffled about your claims of quality of life....Our contract clearly has the edge there.

QOL is and always will be relative. Relative to each individual person. One person's QOL is time off, another's is compensation, and yet another's is the medical coverage. So, kind of hard to say that there is a clear cut definition of what QOL is for every person, much less say one is "clearly" better than the other.

Well now, I pleasantly disagree that QOL is subjective...It is measurable. And since I have studied BOTH contracts at length, I am in a position to render a conclusion.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back