• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet Globalized PBS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The biggest problem I see with all of these arguments that have cropped up lately is that they have come from leaks from executive session's. The point of executive sessions is to be able to throw ideas out that may be WAY off the wall and discuss them. Maybe you learn something new and develop some new strategies, maybe you decide after the discussion that you in no way want to go where the original idea was going. That is the purpose of executive session and when the confidentiality of executive sessions is protected, they work really well. If the confidentiality of them is not protected(as it was not) then the talking breaks down completely because neither side trusts the other(which has now happened).

Our(XJT) MEC has said since the beginning of this thing that they were willing to look at everything and anything and throw ideas around to attempt to get us the best of everything. Our MEC has been looking at PBS for a while with open dialog to our pilot group. They threw the discussion out there in executive session, and the ASA MEC leaked that we were now trying to push PBS.

I have talked to my rep and he said we are in no way pushing PBS, but doing exactly what was asked of them which is to explore everything and lay it out to us pilots without trying to deceive us. I believe it is the ASA MEC's intention to deceive their pilot group by playing these stupid childish games.

Now, all of a sudden the XJET guys wanna discuss PBS.

You are the morons that keep asking about this new system. If you don't care about this other PBS system then stop talking about it. You are the idiots that voted PBS in for your company not us. So first you want us to research all the PBS systems and learn about them and now when our scheduling committee actually does what you want you cry about it.

I for one have no desire for PBS but I would love to know what you actually know about this SmartPref system. I am sure it is slim to nothing. About as much as you know about our line bidding system.

Well I have to go, time to go pick up more Red Flag pay. I'm sure you guys have that to don't you? Or maybe you are staffed so well they don't offer that to you. Are you guys still hiring and upgrading? Our line bidding system has priced us out of the market so that must be why we are still hiring and upgrading lots of people.

Hey you enjoy that PBS system you have.

For crying out loud!!!! Really???

It has been discussed, ad nauseum.......read up!

All you say is that because it is globalized it doesn't honor seniority, that is like saying because it is PBS it does not give you max vacation. Who have you talked to about smartpref?

If your seniority can hold a pairing you will get it. The best part is smartpref shows you in real time what you can and can't hold, sounds pretty seniority based to me. It doesn't take days and tons of man hours and a coin flip to come up with a solution like flightline. It you can hold it, it is yours. If your preferences are vague it might move a few trips around to avoid putting senior people on reserve and giving lines to junior pilots. Again, let us test it out for awhile and learn about it. It can do some cool things faster and more efficient than flightline. Just be humble and admit you don't know as much as you think you do.

This is true. I didn't think it could get any uglier between the two sides but it has. The 2 sides had to stay in separate hotels last week in Houston to prevent fights from breaking out. The XJT MEC is pushing PBS without telling their pilots. The ASA MEC is now considering a globalized PBS system to appease a hostile and juvenile XJT MEC. This is all being done under a veil of secrecy.

Regarding a financial connection, there is one between certain XJT pilots and Smartpref. Hmmm.

I was at the Sheraton all last week for training and for 3 nights in a row I sat outside drinking beer with both MECs. Who ever told you this was lying to your face.

Latest resources

Back