Expressjet Globalized PBS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SoberIrishman

What the heck are you guys at (legacy) Expressjet thinking? Sureley you can't be serious? It's not possible to be that stupid and fly a $25m jet...or maybe you were born that way!
There is no way that a Globalzed PBS will work for any of us here at ASA...we have the best PBS around, and I was against PBS at the very outset. Ask any ASA pilot and they will tell you the truth.

Anyone at ASA that doesn't get the fairest schedule possible out of the current system is screwing up somewhere with their bidding options due to ignorance or laziness somewhere along the line. After you know how to work it, it is just BRILLIANT for most of us. Simply AWESOME for me at mid seniority.....and the overwhelming number of pilots at ASA are VERY HAPPY with it. DO NOT CHANGE WHAT WORKS GOOD for heaven's sake!

You will eventually get PBS, and it had better not be one that takes away a trip from a senior pilot, and gives said pilot something of lesser quality just to make the solution better for the company. You all need to wake up and take some time off to figure this out, or try out your damn socialized PBS on your own and see how you like it.

Looks like you (legacy) Expressjet guys are going to be more trouble than you're worth if this is what you come up with. I am sure many of us here in ATL are prepared to look at it, but most, if not all, will be inclined to say shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

We need to work together to come up with sensible solutions to achieving the best contract, but this is not a good beginning.

It is quite unbelievable that a group of people who were so against PBS to begin with should entertain something even worse. Absolutely and totally stupid.... I almost lost for words.

I have to open a bottle now I am so shocked with all of this.

What the heck are you guys at (legacy) Expressjet thinking? Sureley you can't be serious? It's not possible to be that stupid and fly a $25m jet...or maybe you were born that way!
There is no way that a Globalzed PBS will work for any of us here at ASA...we have the best PBS around, and I was against PBS at the very outset. Ask any ASA pilot and they will tell you the truth.

Anyone at ASA that doesn't get the fairest schedule possible out of the current system is screwing up somewhere with their bidding options due to ignorance or laziness somewhere along the line. After you know how to work it, it is just BRILLIANT for most of us. Simply AWESOME for me at mid seniority.....and the overwhelming number of pilots at ASA are VERY HAPPY with it. DO NOT CHANGE WHAT WORKS GOOD for heaven's sake!

You will eventually get PBS, and it had better not be one that takes away a trip from a senior pilot, and gives said pilot something of lesser quality just to make the solution better for the company. You all need to wake up and take some time off to figure this out, or try out your damn socialized PBS on your own and see how you like it.

Looks like you (legacy) Expressjet guys are going to be more trouble than you're worth if this is what you come up with. I am sure many of us here in ATL are prepared to look at it, but most, if not all, will be inclined to say shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

We need to work together to come up with sensible solutions to achieving the best contract, but this is not a good beginning.

It is quite unbelievable that a group of people who were so against PBS to begin with should entertain something even worse. Absolutely and totally stupid.... I almost lost for words.

I have to open a bottle now I am so shocked with all of this.

??? I think you misunderstand what "Globalized Means"

I am aware that it ignores seniority. We all pay our dues.

The same way that unstacking ignores seniority, or is this different?

I am really open to hearing about other systems. The biggest issue though is that the union must be in charge of building pairings (or at least have definitive veto power) and be able to control the window. Also there must be language in the contract regarding minimum staffing (block hours/pilot).

The same way that unstacking ignores seniority, or is this different?

I am really open to hearing about other systems. The biggest issue though is that the union must be in charge of building pairings (or at least have definitive veto power) and be able to control the window. Also there must be language in the contract regarding minimum staffing (block hours/pilot).

I'll bite... how does unstacking ignore seniority? It starts from the bottom up, for crying out loud.

How many Continental pilots promote the PBS system they have, and how many ASA guys do likewise? Think about this.
Simple.
Any system that ignores seniority is not acceptabe. So how does a Globalized system work with seniority?
If the company likes it, then it needs a closer look. A real close look.

Explain please.....you folks at Expressjet that are proposing this have a lot of convincing to do.

It takes a trip the senior pilot wanted and could hold and awards it to a junior pilot to make the solution run better. Ergo......ignores seniority.

The proposed "Globalized" PBS only looks at a 40% view of honoring seniority and the remaining 60% doesn't take seniority into consideration. This will be worse than EITHER system currently being used.

It is simply BS, and NOT ACCEPTABLE in any form. Period, end of story.

Latest resources

Back