Expressjet Globalized PBS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is a case of, 'if we can't use our system......you can't use yours!'

Not exactly...feel free to try out your system, and let us know how it goes. I am certain the ASA system would be the best choice for all.
Just don't think anything that IGNORES seniority is viable.

Once again, something like this is NOT and NEVER will be acceptable to the vast majority of ASA pilots since we really do like what we have right now. You might like your line bidding, but we have all seen a great improvement since we moved away from that. Forget about worrying that you cannot exend your vacation...we can do that no problem at all, and not lose a cent in the process. To move forward from here, we need control of trip construction, and we should be all set.

What on Earth does it take for us to make you Xjet guys see sense?

Give it a whirl if you like, but don't expect to push it on us easily.

ASA did not "take over" Expressjet, Skywest Inc did, and we at ASA are caught in the middle with SKYW watching the fun. They want to get this settled ASAP to get their costs in line for future flying bids, so we better all get on board and protect our own interests before we end up giving the company something they want such as a PBS system that will screw us all big time.

Word is they don't like the current PBS we have, so, go figure, what does that say?

Anyone that thinks a "Globalized" PBS is good for the average pilot is seriously misinformed.

How many Continental pilots promote the PBS system they have, and how many ASA guys do likewise? Think about this.
Simple.
Any system that ignores seniority is not acceptabe. So how does a Globalized system work with seniority?
If the company likes it, then it needs a closer look. A real close look.

Explain please.....you folks at Expressjet that are proposing this have a lot of convincing to do.

Who are the people promoting it? You say us at ExpressJet so who is it?

Oh wait I am sure you have no idea who all these people are. Just another made up story by another lifer at ASA that was told this info by some union guy or heard someone in a crewroom. Please don't say it's our MEC because that is getting old. I could start saying your MEC is talking about line bidding now and dumping your PBS system. I want names of ALL these ExpressJet pilots that are promoting this.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am a so-called "lifer" at ASA, and proud as heck about it, and also glad to be at a company that has looked after me over so many years. Granted, it has changed, and is not as personable, maybe I am just another number nowadays, but here is a name for you to think about in answer to your question....

Steve McKnight
XJT Scheduling Committee Chairman

If this is your idea of the way forward there is no hope...

Regards.

Have any of you talked to Steve ....or are just saying his name because you have heard it? Just asking. He will talk to you on the CRJ side, ask your rep for his number. Just wondering. BTW...CAL's system sucks, however, PBS bulid PAIRINGS not RULES. SmartPref, far and away allows for more rules to be applied. Globalization at CAL sucks because THEIR contract RULES and PBS control sucks. Stop thinking it is about the PBS system ....it is your CONTRACT, CONTROL, AND RULES that dictate how good a PBS system is. However, lets all just agree to not have PBS and all this bullshiit goes away. I could care less about making managements job easier. If it is too hard, then they can quit. All this PBS stuff sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher to me. Meaning I have, and still am learning about it, as to not be an uneducated a$$ when I talk about it with other pilots. Yet when i hear the union or the Company talk about it, especially push it.....all I hear is "whaw whant whan"

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am a so-called "lifer" at ASA, and proud as heck about it, and also glad to be at a company that has looked after me over so many years. Granted, it has changed, and is not as personable, maybe I am just another number nowadays, but here is a name for you to think about in answer to your question....

Steve McKnight
XJT Scheduling Committee Chairman

If this is your idea of the way forward there is no hope...

Regards.

Have you ever contacted Steve? He's been posting his email address all over. If you want to discuss PBS I'm sure he'd be happy to talk with you. [email protected]

Now, all of a sudden the XJET guys wanna discuss PBS.

Who are the people promoting it? You say us at ExpressJet so who is it?

Oh wait I am sure you have no idea who all these people are. Just another made up story by another lifer at ASA that was told this info by some union guy or heard someone in a crewroom. Please don't say it's our MEC because that is getting old. I could start saying your MEC is talking about line bidding now and dumping your PBS system. I want names of ALL these ExpressJet pilots that are promoting this.

Just curious why you term "lifer" as a degrading remark- like he is at a handicap because he decided to stay here, rather than chase that nice and shiny UPS 757. I take it by your avatar that you want to go there............along with another 20k applicants???? It must be nice to be entitled to another job. I wouldn't know- as I am having to bust hump, pay some dues, and work hard for the privelage and opportunity to move on. Those that use the "lifer" slang tend to fit this bill- I'm entitled to move on.Thusly, I can burn down the house and throw a hissy while I bite the hand that feeds. Perhaps my falling on the sword will better my resume- after all, I did trash the former employer for whom I worked.......

Now, all of a sudden the XJET guys wanna discuss PBS.

Yes- in order to get a worse system in place, such that it will infuriate the pilot group. Perhaps the motive is to tick us off and get us right back, in a back handed approach, to line bidding.

Open time- just more stuff to pin on reserves and cost money. Perhaps another match for burning the house down.

Latest resources

Back