• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet Globalized PBS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes- in order to get a worse system in place, such that it will infuriate the pilot group. Perhaps the motive is to tick us off and get us right back, in a back handed approach, to line bidding.

Open time- just more stuff to pin on reserves and cost money. Perhaps another match for burning the house down.

Hmmm. Good point.

And I just love this demand for a huge open time pot! 'I want to be able to improve my schedule, therefor, you must sit reserve when you could have been a line holder too!'

Too much speculation. let the xjet guys tailor their system, do some trial runs, then they can bring it head to head with flica for all of us to try, then each pilot group votes.

Too much speculation. let the xjet guys tailor their system, do some trial runs, then they can bring it head to head with flica for all of us to try, then each pilot group votes.

What is this? ....an unbiased post that actually makes sense and isn't inflammatory? There's no room for that kind of stuff in here, sir.

Last edited:
You do realize that many in the XJT union and scheduling committee are "lifers" as well right? When you say globalization is bad that is like our vocal few saying PBS is bad, there is more to it than just what you have heard. Smartpref globalization is not like the Carmen (CAL) or NavTech (SKW) globalization but you want to be ignorant and lump them all together just like the idiots at XJT that want to lump all PBS systems together. Our scheduling committee has spent a lot of time working with Flightline PBS and running bids with EWR pairings and they have not seen an increase in QOL for the pilot group as a whole. Let us test run smartpref for a bit and see what we can do, there is no reason not to study everything out there. Smartpref has new software that they have been working on for 7 years, that is why there aren't any customers because it is relatively new. I am not sold on anything but I find it funny that you say it doesn't honor seniority because it is a globalized system just like our guys says PBS will only give you 7 days vacation, stop being hypocrites and do some research. I bet not one of you will email Steve and talk to him about this, he is one of the last few guys in XJT ALPA that most of us trust. It is funny that your vocal minority keeps posting this stuff every few days to try and get the mob angry over this. XJT and ASA pilots want to same thing in the end, a good contract and a financially healthy company. We aren't out to make your life miserable. If you have a financial investment in Flightline (which I know some at ASA do) then that is your problem but stop putting out lies on the forums stating that Smartpref does not honor seniority just because someone told you so. Let get the facts and then we can all vote together on a JCBA. We won't vote in a system that does not honor seniority or decrease the QOL for either group.

The truth is, you will never get the truth from either MEC. They're going to sell you whatever they decide is what they want to sell.

It seems pretty obvious to me. XJET MEC knows they might have to swallow PBS. They also know that the seniority lists favor ASA in longevity. So why not embrace a bidding system that disregards seniority.

Rather than raise the bar, they want to sink the morale for all.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

The truth is, you will never get the truth from either MEC. They're going to sell you whatever they decide is what they want to sell.

This is true. I didn't think it could get any uglier between the two sides but it has. The 2 sides had to stay in separate hotels last week in Houston to prevent fights from breaking out. The XJT MEC is pushing PBS without telling their pilots. The ASA MEC is now considering a globalized PBS system to appease a hostile and juvenile XJT MEC. This is all being done under a veil of secrecy.

Regarding a financial connection, there is one between certain XJT pilots and Smartpref. Hmmm.

Last edited:
They also know that the seniority lists favor ASA in longevity. So why not embrace a bidding system that disregards seniority.

Rather than raise the bar, they want to sink the morale for all.
k

BINGO!!! ASA side more senior, makes sense to me. And now another long thread on this!

Latest resources

Back