ExpressJet (CRJ) assignments in class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

timeless

Hey folks, I'm in class for the CRJ. 14 of us, myself included, were assigned CR7 ATL and one CR7 DTW.

Anyone have ideas why a new hire would get a CR7 ATL assignment. I didn't expect that seat to be junior.

Somehow they've determined you're more fit to handle the "heavy". Our 777. Be proud!

I live about 15 minutes from DFW so getting the 700 in class wasn't a good surprise. Neither was learning about the 18 month seat freeze.

About 6/7 people in class want the 200 so they can get to IAD or DFW without having to wait 18 months. We've been told that even if we find people senior to us that want the 700 we can't swap. I'm not familiar enough with the contract to know if this should be possible.

I live about 15 minutes from DFW so getting the 700 in class wasn't a good surprise. Neither was learning about the 18 month seat freeze.

About 6/7 people in class want the 200 so they can get to IAD or DFW without having to wait 18 months. We've been told that even if we find people senior to us that want the 700 we can't swap. I'm not familiar enough with the contract to know if this should be possible.

Unbelievable! Complaining already? This should work out great when you get to fly with a crusty old CR7 Captain.

Just trying to figure out how bases are assigned and if swaps are possible. It could end up helping guys that want the 700 in ATL.

Don't know if getting on the CR2 will be possible....shrinking fleet, unless more American flying comes along, then you may find more senior folks wanting to bid that.
Swaps? Not very likely.

I think you will have to stay where you are until some more opportunities pop up. By the way, seat freezes are usually waived when the company solicits for new positions.

Just do your job, and try not to get stressed about this too much for now.

I think you should call Charlie Tutt at home. Tell him you don't want to fly the 700.

Don't know if getting on the CR2 will be possible....shrinking fleet, unless more American flying comes along, then you may find more senior folks wanting to bid that.
Swaps? Not very likely.

I think you will have to stay where you are until some more opportunities pop up. By the way, seat freezes are usually waived when the company solicits for new positions.

Just do your job, and try not to get stressed about this too much for now.

Thanks for the info.

Latest resources

Back