• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet (CRJ) assignments in class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good place to work... 700 is great to fly... U will be seat locked... The 700 is in Atl and dtw....the contract says u will not be locked if your traing is differences 5 days or less I believe. But the company is spending cheese on your training, ATP etc as a new hire so u are kinda stuck..... For now. 200s will begin shrinking in Atl at the end of the summer...welcome to the heavy jet...LOL

You sure you wanna work here, bruh? Can't you see you'll be surrounded by a-holes..
Sniveling before even starting class, congrats you have the essence of a modern day airline pilot!

When a bid comes out the company does not always hold pilots to their freezes. In fact I believe the last position notice was the first one in some time to actually enforce the freeze.

On a side note-
As of the last notice- enforcing the freeze creates issues because the award program from Skywest IT does not take freezes into account and forces all involved to go through the award by hand..... Of course that could quickly change with a software update..

I kust flew with a new hire ATL200 FO. He wants DTW700 but his whole class got ATL200. He's upset because this is a harder commute. It does sound backwards. It's not like it's that hard to swap over.

I kust flew with a new hire ATL200 FO. He wants DTW700 but his whole class got ATL200. He's upset because this is a harder commute. It does sound backwards. It's not like it's that hard to swap over.

It does cost the company money however. Sim time isn't cheap.

The award process is somewhat vague. I thought it would be a continuous process based on standing bids, but it doesn't seem to work like that. What are the criteria for a new bid to come out? Is it possible to switch bases between bids if no training is required?

The criteria for a new award? It has to be at least 6 months after Charles F. Tutt realizes that we are 10 months overdue for one.

The award process is somewhat vague. I thought it would be a continuous process based on standing bids, but it doesn't seem to work like that. What are the criteria for a new bid to come out? Is it possible to switch bases between bids if no training is required?

They should be posted at least monthly unless there are no vacancies/reductions. The company may, at its discretion, assign new hire pilots to their initial categories after all other pilots have bid on position notices. Once assigned a category (CR2 or CR7) a new hire pilot may bid for domicile in seniority order; if a pilot doesn't bid the company can assign any domicile.

That's by the book anyway. I couldn't say how it is actually happening at the moment.

Latest resources

Back