• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet (CRJ)200s moving to DTW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After.....after the summer. July and August are still considered "Summer". As I stated in the original post, the timeframe for the move is not finalized. This is how it was explained to us by an official company source. The displacement bid is coming, but not for a few months.
This is why the company is not upgrading. This is why you are flying 200s with mixed engines. Your kids will love the school system in Detroit. It can't be much worse than the schools in Atlanta.

After.....after the summer. July and August are still considered "Summer". As I stated in the original post, the timeframe for the move is not finalized. This is how it was explained to us by an official company source. The displacement bid is coming, but not for a few months.
This is why the company is not upgrading. This is why you are flying 200s with mixed engines. Your kids will love the school system in Detroit. It can't be much worse than the schools in Atlanta.

They may not be upgrading but we're hiring a ton of FOs... having extra pilots still costs money, maybe not as much as captains, but it makes no sense to be fat on FOs and ridiculously short staffed on CAs. Maybe they're expecting most of the attrition to come from the FO side? I know I'll go to whomever calls first... (that is a a step up anyway)

Was this the same "official" company source that said all 200s are going to MEM and we will open a base there last year?

Yawn.

who cares...

The same folks who are outraged about this latest rumor are the same folks who will keep working here should the rumor become reality.

And...then...

Last I heard at 9e in regards to the 200's was about 19 will get parked later this year as the new 900's show up on property. That was from the union directly at RGS. I haven't heard anything official from the company in regards to the wind down schedule for the 200's. I'm guessing once we come out of bankruptcy May 1st more info will leak out. Maybe they will park them in large numbers and wind down DTW?? All speculation for now.

Last I heard at 9e in regards to the 200's was about 19 will get parked later this year as the new 900's show up on property. That was from the union directly at RGS. I haven't heard anything official from the company in regards to the wind down schedule for the 200's. I'm guessing once we come out of bankruptcy May 1st more info will leak out. Maybe they will park them in large numbers and wind down DTW?? All speculation for now.

Closing DTW for Pinnacle would be like closing ATL for ASA. WE have close to 1000 pilots based there. Maybe closing the 200 base as they wind down if delta still wants to serve some cities there they will have asa or skywest do it with their 200s but DTW will be around for pinnacle well into the future.

Closing DTW for Pinnacle would be like closing ATL for ASA. WE have close to 1000 pilots based there. Maybe closing the 200 base as they wind down if delta still wants to serve some cities there they will have asa or skywest do it with their 200s but DTW will be around for pinnacle well into the future.

I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if those 200s go to SKW/XJT as Pinnacle starts to shed them. Delta has no obligation to get rid of them before 2015.

Latest resources

Back