• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet (CRJ)200s moving to DTW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Xjet doesn't need 700/900s to "go back" to ATL, more are being added this month and next. After watching Delta cut loose Comair and Pinnacle, I would not be so optimistic if I were you. The 200s are leaving ATL, deal with it.

The amount of 900s we are adding is nowhere close to the number of 200s you are talking about shifting. I have no optimism about ExpressJet whatsoever, but your rumor sounds like nonsense. I'll "deal with it" when you can provide your source or a shred of evidence.

When GoJets loses the DL contract for the -700's, they will come to ATL to cover some of the -200's.

Last edited:
When GoJets loses the DL contract for the -700's, they will come to ATL to cover some of the -200's.

If they keep ExpressJet around, they will keep GoJet around. I was optimistic that we would get more AA flying, as the Delta flying was squeezed. However, I hear that our completion factor out of DFW has been terrible, and that our leadership has completely butchered and botched this flying : (

Why would Delta get rid of PCL 200s at this point!? They operate them cheaper than anyone else! Makes more sense to draw down OO and EV 200s which are the most expensive now... I doubt we (EV) will lose all the 200s but I don't see them reducing 9E 200s in DTW. My guess is ATL 200s will stay in ATL for now. (based on nothing other than my brilliant hopped up on cheap scotch deductions)

This summer is gonna be interesting. After these FO classes finish, we'll be fairly normally staffed on the FO side. (Didn't say well staffed, just normally staffed) but the Captain side is going to be a bloodbath with no more upgrades before summer. Maybe they just have decided to take it in the pants this summer in preparation for losing 200s this fall.

Why would Delta get rid of PCL 200s at this point!? They operate them cheaper than anyone else! Makes more sense to draw down OO and EV 200s which are the most expensive now... I doubt we (EV) will lose all the 200s but I don't see them reducing 9E 200s in DTW. My guess is ATL 200s will stay in ATL for now. (based on nothing other than my brilliant hopped up on cheap scotch deductions)

This summer is gonna be interesting. After these FO classes finish, we'll be fairly normally staffed on the FO side. (Didn't say well staffed, just normally staffed) but the Captain side is going to be a bloodbath with no more upgrades before summer. Maybe they just have decided to take it in the pants this summer in preparation for losing 200s this fall.

Hard to get out of the OO/EV contracts... Easy to get out of the 9E one. Plus the factory deal to swap 900 orders for 200's....

Hard to get out of the OO/EV contracts... Easy to get out of the 9E one. Plus the factory deal to swap 900 orders for 200's....

Not if it's performance related. IE: Freedom. Just remember if Delta wants it, they're going to get it one way or another

Latest resources

Back