ExpressJet (CRJ)200s moving to DTW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tailwind

All CRJ 200's will be moved to DTW at the end of this summer. Timeframe for completion of move was not specified. Reportedly, this is to cover Pinnacle's 200s which will be leaving DTW.

All CRJ 200's will be moved to DTW at the end of this summer. Timeframe for completion of move was not specified. Reportedly, this is to cover Pinnacle's 200s which will be leaving DTW.

Ok, I'll bite. How will the markets being served out of Atlanta on the 200 keep service? I was under the impression that EV had to operate at least 80% of DCI flights out of ATL. I can see some 200's going there but not all.

The 200 markets in ATL are being converted to 700/900 routes. And yes, Xjet does 80% of DCI flying out of ATL...but ask yourself, is the DCI flying out of ATL a consistent amount? That number has, and does change.

For fun I'll bite too. Source? Would that imply a shrinking 700/900 presence in DTW?

I never said anything about a shrinking 700/900 presence in DTW.

Unless 700/900s go back to ATL to cover the 200 routes you're talking about a massive reduction in ATL DCI flying before any significant number of 717s arrive at DAL. I think that unlikely.

The remaining -200s and some -700s will be relocated. But not that many that soon.

Unless 700/900s go back to ATL to cover the 200 routes you're talking about a massive reduction in ATL DCI flying before any significant number of 717s arrive at DAL. I think that unlikely.

"Our Maintenance teams have been working this month to bring on the next two of the 10 additional CRJ900s being phased in this year...."

Xjet doesn't need 700/900s to "go back" to ATL, more are being added this month and next. After watching Delta cut loose Comair and Pinnacle, I would not be so optimistic if I were you. The 200s are leaving ATL, deal with it.

Latest resources

Back