• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet concessionary LOA/TA out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Two years ago you guys voted to extend your contract to help the company out. You did it and management can't make it work. You guys can't keep playing the beaten' wife with your management.

So we should be renegotiating a CBA in today's world? Did you know that the extension came with raises, improved reserve rules? Probably not. Ill take my chances in 2010 when we renegotiate the CBA, hopefully there will be an airline to do it with. If we "take it back" I almost guarantee you, there wont be. There is a time and place for things, now is neither.

So we should be renegotiating a CBA in today's world? Did you know that the extension came with raises, improved reserve rules? Probably not. Ill take my chances in 2010 when we renegotiate the CBA, hopefully there will be an airline to do it with. If we "take it back" I almost guarantee you, there wont be. There is a time and place for things, now is neither.

I know what happened, I was there and I voted for the original contract. And I believe the pilot group was tricked into the LOA that had to do with the charter flying. People voted for a raise that only affected a 3%, the charter flying.

Don't forget too, if for some reason you were to still go into BK, if this gets passed you have a new starting point for the company to demand concessions. Like at Comair, when the pay freeze was voted in and then we went into BK, we got no credit for the pay freeze. The company needed pay cuts came from the freeze pay. Double cuts. I could see this as a plan from a management that knows it will be in BK soon. Ask for a small pay cut now, and get another in a few months from the courts.

Dave

Your assuming it would be a chapter 11 filling instead of a chapter 7 situation.

Two years ago you guys voted to extend your contract to help the company out. You did it and management can't make it work. You guys can't keep playing the beaten' wife with your management.

That extension was more beneficial to the pilots than it was to management. ALL pilots benefited by larger raises every Dec 1 than the previous years, lucrative pay for charter pilots, and improved work rules as well. Not to mention the fact that the pilots wouldn't have to be in the middle of section 6 negotiations right now. That alone was worth just an extension without the charter stuff. Just look at the pay rate someone would be making on Dec 1, 09 pre LOA 8 vs LOA 9. Its not that much difference.

This was all taken into account by the MEC. That is, the timeline of section 6 negotiations, the charter stuff, the improvement to work rules for line pilots AND instructors.

Last edited:
I just dont understand the "stick it to em" attitude you guys have.

And we don't understand your "bend over" attitude. Why do pilots continue to act as willing accomplices in management's incompetence?! This is ridiculous!

I'm getting tired of hearing people who don't work for my company or who have been furloughed thumping their chest and telling everyone else how they need to vote. It's easy to be a tough guy when you have nothing to lose. I'll do my own research and make my own decision... you have zero influence.. so give it a rest. Thanks.

Last edited:
Even Mesa negotiated improvements to thier agreement. You meant to tell me that Xjet pilots do not have the fortitude of Mesa pilots.

Your assuming it would be a chapter 11 filling instead of a chapter 7 situation.
Chapter 7 is too expensive for CAL, but chapter 11 would work out just fine. It is cheaper for CAL to keep 190 aircraft flying than have them disappear over a weekend and scramble to have someone else fly them. This is why Mesa is still around, cheaper to keep them hanging on than replacing them.

Maybe the fact that ALPA national agreed to this piece of ******************** shows what they really think of "taking it back."

National is a bunch of hypocrits.

The poor knowledge of how ALPA actually operates never ceases to amaze me.

Latest resources

Back