• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet concessionary LOA/TA out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I remember JS on XJT one day while we were in BK, the Capt said I should come to XJT they pay a lot more then OH, I nicely pointed out that not until we take concessions. He went on about how XJT will be the best thing ever, finally the Fo said OH FO's make a lot more, the Capt finally shut up. Just trying to point out Karma sucks. Pilots should remember that you can be on top one day and the bottom the next. Work together not against.

As Far as the 51% at OH, HAHAHA hows reserve feel and being back in the right seat. The senior guys and Capts that were at the bottom voted yes. Now the snior Capts have terrible schedules, and the junior capts are now FO'S. But at least you got a 401K deposit, where is that money, sure not in your 401K. Only good thing about the yes vote was, Us 49% pushed to get JC out and it worked.

Last edited:
Yeah, the pay rates are good but there are other things as well. For example, XJT pilots get decent 401k matching AND a retirement contribution on top of that. As a first year FO, this adds 6.5% to your pay. Also, there is a lot of soft time built into the contract, probably because of the vacation rules. Here is a post from APC explains some of the other work rules.

Thanks for the information.

Hind sight is often 20/20; looking back it seems like the demise of Xjet began with the IPO. Though circumstances were good for a short period of time the overall structure of the company essentially set it up for failure. Another sad reflection of the incompetence and greed in corporate America.

It's a shame that Jim Ream and upper management are still in place. Again, another reflection of the double standard, lack of ethics, and disgusting behavior of corporate America (particularly upper management).

My prayers to those at Xjet. Stand the line and don't give in. If the company can't afford to pay it's employees decent wages then it shouldn't be in business.

Hind sight is often 20/20; looking back it seems like the demise of Xjet began with the IPO. Though circumstances were good for a short period of time the overall structure of the company essentially set it up for failure. Another sad reflection of the incompetence and greed in corporate America.

It's a shame that Jim Ream and upper management are still in place. Again, another reflection of the double standard, lack of ethics, and disgusting behavior of corporate America (particularly upper management).

I'm anything but a JR supporter. But a few things to consider. When the IPO/CPA was done, under the umbrella of CAL there wasn't much that JR REALLY had to do. See my other posts about when I used to hear guys brag about what a great operation, as well as great management team XJT had.

All XJT management had to do was keep planes flying to meet the completion/performance factors outlined in the CPA, at a guaranteed profit no less. Actaully, a pretty healthy profit margin, more than most others get to operate at. Now, not really THAT easy, but that's all that had to be done.

With the exception of relatively recent events, they NEVER had to face the issues that other regional managements have had to face. One being the legacy they feed being in Ch.11, another one of having the ENTIRE flying put up for bid on a constant basis.

Granted, they could have given the 69 airplanes back to CAL. But I don't think that would change the situation XJT is in now.

The proposed TA has a 2.83% pay cut with a freeze of any pay increases for a year. So if we do the math the concession for a pilot that is making $79.69 would be $77.43 an hour, not bad right? Wrong! By not voting yes to this ridiculous concession that pilot would be earning $84.56 an hour after his two normal pay increases throughout the year. This equates to a reduction of hourly pay of $7.13 an hour, or over $700.00 a month! Not to mention the loss of his 401k match of the lost pay. This TA is actually almost a 10% pay cut! Lets say that the average is $500 a month per pilot that is conceded, that equates to approximately $15 million. I thought that the company was only after $10 million in concessions?

The proposed TA has a 2.83% pay cut with a freeze of any pay increases for a year. So if we do the math the concession for a pilot that is making $79.69 would be $77.43 an hour, not bad right? Wrong! By not voting yes to this ridiculous concession that pilot would be earning $84.56 an hour after his two normal pay increases throughout the year. This equates to a reduction of hourly pay of $7.13 an hour, or over $700.00 a month! Not to mention the loss of his 401k match of the lost pay. This TA is actually almost a 10% pay cut! Lets say that the average is $500 a month per pilot that is conceded, that equates to approximately $15 million. I thought that the company was only after $10 million in concessions?

Don't forget too, if for some reason you were to still go into BK, if this gets passed you have a new starting point for the company to demand concessions. Like at Comair, when the pay freeze was voted in and then we went into BK, we got no credit for the pay freeze. The company needed pay cuts came from the freeze pay. Double cuts. I could see this as a plan from a management that knows it will be in BK soon. Ask for a small pay cut now, and get another in a few months from the courts.

Dave

Don't forget too, if for some reason you were to still go into BK, if this gets passed you have a new starting point for the company to demand concessions. Like at Comair, when the pay freeze was voted in and then we went into BK, we got no credit for the pay freeze. The company needed pay cuts came from the freeze pay. Double cuts. I could see this as a plan from a management that knows it will be in BK soon. Ask for a small pay cut now, and get another in a few months from the courts.

Dave

Agreed

OK, Express Jetters, here is your chance to hold the line and save the profession.

No fair dissing the other regionals and blaming them for your woes. You say they fail to step up; now it's your turn at bat.

"I just want to tell you [all] good luck. We're all counting on you."

So it is our responsibility to put our jobs, livelyhoods, and families on the line to help you. I don't think so pal. Im voting yes on this, because it benefits ME the most. I think its is a little price to pay to perhaps greatly improve our situation. I think without it, CH 11 will happen without question, and the pilots WILL take it the worst. 3% is something I can live with, how about our brothers on the street who gave up 100%?!? Its not management vs. pilots, sometimes you have to work together. I just dont understand the "stick it to em" attitude you guys have.

So it is our responsibility to put our jobs, livelyhoods, and families on the line to help you. I don't think so pal. Im voting yes on this, because it benefits ME the most. I think its is a little price to pay to perhaps greatly improve our situation. I think without it, CH 11 will happen without question, and the pilots WILL take it the worst. 3% is something I can live with, how about our brothers on the street who gave up 100%?!? Its not management vs. pilots, sometimes you have to work together. I just dont understand the "stick it to em" attitude you guys have.

Two years ago you guys voted to extend your contract to help the company out. You did it and management can't make it work. You guys can't keep playing the beaten' wife with your management.

Latest resources

Back