• Start date
  • Watchers 42

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you would be surprised how much of a difference catered food and $1.00 beers will make... plus the new seats are extremely comfortable as well as the fact that most people will find the XM radio very relaxing.

is it just me or the people on here who do not want this to work are ignorant to the fact that regiponal branded flying helps everyone in the end. if it fails all pilots will be affected negatively.

By the way, I am not worried about the success of it. In my mind it is already a success and will continue to be because we will not leave 15% of the passengers at the gate, or be an hour late, or stop at an intermediate airport to pick up gas... you know who you are... also, we offer a great product and know who the boss is, thats the passenger for you guys who don't know.

By the way, I am not worried about the success of it. In my mind it is already a success and will continue to be because we will not leave 15% of the passengers at the gate, or be an hour late, or stop at an intermediate airport to pick up gas... you know who you are... also, we offer a great product and know who the boss is, thats the passenger for you guys who don't know.

Uh...that is a dangerous attitude to have in my opinion. You DO realize that XJT has been an hour late before, has weight restricted flights before, and has stopped to get gas halfway there before, right? I've done all 3 in my time at XJT.

-Neal

The seat is roughly the same despite the size of the fuselage. And businesspeople typically prefer the shortest travel time since "time is money." But hey, if someone wants to connect in in Dallas for 90 minutes only to have to sit in a middle seat on both segments of that big 737, so be it. I'll take the single seat on the left side of the RJ any day of the week over a middle seat on a 737...

1/3 of the seats on an all-coach 737 are middle seats, but more than 2/3 of the seats on an ERJ are window seats, and they're horrible seats for me, because I can't put my feet straight down. On a 45-minute flight, I can deal with it. On a 3+ hour flight, I'm in agony. The only way I'd be able to stand a flight that long would be if I had the aisle seat on the right.

So yeah, I'm with MarineGrunt: On a long-haul, I really would prefer a middle seat and a stopover to a longer-than-2-hour RJ flight.

I wish you guys the best; truly I do. But don't try to pretend an RJ is more comfortable than a larger plane. It isn't. (Although the discovery of the secret-armrest-release button has made it a little more tolerable.)

That may be true from previous work and maybe I am nieve... but all of the above should be taken care of...

1/3 of the seats on an all-coach 737 are middle seats, but more than 2/3 of the seats on an ERJ are window seats, and they're horrible seats for me, because I can't put my feet straight down. On a 45-minute flight, I can deal with it. On a 3+ hour flight, I'm in agony. The only way I'd be able to stand a flight that long would be if I had the aisle seat on the right.

So yeah, I'm with MarineGrunt: On a long-haul, I really would prefer a middle seat and a stopover to a longer-than-2-hour RJ flight.

I wish you guys the best; truly I do. But don't try to pretend an RJ is more comfortable than a larger plane. It isn't. (Although the discovery of the secret-armrest-release button has made it a little more tolerable.)

I no longer work at XJT but I wish them the best as well. And frankly, I do think that there are times the RJ is more comfortable than the 737. But yes, I agree about the armrest release...its a nice trick. :D

-Neal

That may be true from previous work and maybe I am nieve... but all of the above should be taken care of...

I'm not really sure what you mean. XJT still has some flights weight restricted....they still will be late from time to time...and they still will fuel-stop on certain flights westbound in the winter. I think XJT is a better product than CHQ but that doesn't mean XJT is perfect, like you suggest they are.

-Neal

Not showing our ignorance, just pointing what everyone else sees that is not drinking the Xjet Kool-aid.

No you are not head to head with a high cost major. Your mngt team chose to go head to head on some SWA markets. That appears to be even worse.

Whoever posted that pax would rather sit in an RJ than a bus or 737, you are crazy. RJ's suck to ride in period.

No one posted that pax would rather sit in an RJ than a bus or 737 as you say. It came from a passenger who flew on Expressjet during one of their first flights. It was an interview with a local television station in Tucson that covered the flights.

You're still showing ignorance, or avoiding my question, of showing just how Expressjet is like Indy Air.

I think I may have been misunderstood... I do not believe xjt is perfect; however, I believe in the product, personally do everything to help the company, and am proud of the branded flying. Also, this is a discussion of ExpressJet branded flying and not the contractual flying... Many people take that attitude with XJT pilots and I can see where they are coming from, but we are just happy with our company and work very hard to make it great. CHQ is a great company as well and I would have been honored to work for them, but the management at XJT is superior in my opinion.

Latest resources

Back