• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet announcement today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And those pilots were wrong to do so. I would rather watch my company cease to exist than give them one red cent from my paycheck. I don't pay for fuel.
You'd rather there be tens of thousands of pilots on the street with no jobs, tons of debt, and mouths to feed rather than take a cut? Sorry but this isn't your company making money hand over fist trying to screw you like in the past few years. This is your company trying to stay afloat. You keep that attitude up you'll end up with jack sh!t in life.

You'd rather there be tens of thousands of pilots on the street with no jobs, tons of debt, and mouths to feed rather than take a cut? Sorry but this isn't your company making money hand over fist trying to screw you like in the past few years. This is your company trying to stay afloat. You keep that attitude up you'll end up with jack sh!t in life.

Pilot paycuts have never saved a company, and they never will. You've bought into management's bulls---. Pathetic.

...and it is that attitude that puts thousands of non-pilot employees...people who are barely getting by as it is...out of a job.

If it goes down that way at AirTran...may you DIAF. I have too many close friends at AirTran that can't afford to lose their jobs because of the old school "it's all about me" attitude.

yeah, so why don't you take a 65% paycut yourself if you're such a sympathetic company man?

If you were earning $109,000 as a captain and it goes to $31,000 - that'd be okay with you, right? After all - you're saving the company!

yeah, so why don't you take a 65% paycut yourself if you're such a sympathetic company man?

If you were earning $109,000 as a captain and it goes to $31,000 - that'd be okay with you, right? After all - you're saving the company!

Agreed, pay is lower now than ever before. There is no room for further pay cuts. Complete BS to except anything lower.

To give concessions on threat of bankruptcy is foolish. Fuel keeps going up, and up. Sure, it may go down a bit for a time, but historically it keeps climbing. So there will always be 'justification', from managements view, for concessions. It must stop. The line must be drawn and not crossed, even if it sinks the company. Yes - I mean that! Every time pilots agree to concessions, you train management to expect to be able to get even more future concessions. If no pilot gave in, ever, under any threat, guess what - management would finally learn to respect us! I realize jobs may be lost due to this - so be it, even if mine! Pilots seems so damn afraid to do anything but fly! I've got no problem seeking employment outside this industry to pay the bills. There's no point flying for any airline anyway if the pay keeps going the way it is. It must stop, and pilots need to grow the balls to say hell no to concessions.

I agree...65% is unacceptable. If the company can't make it without the pilots taking that deep of a paycut...then, yes...perhaps the company should die. The lack of a viable business plan is blatantly obvious and is likely going to die anyway.

I was speaking from idea of much lower cuts than 65%..hell, lower than 15%...and the complete lack of being somewhat open to that being a last resort in order to at least buy a reprieve for those in jobs that pay much less than yours.

It's not something I'm "OK" with...but there is a certain level that can be accepted for the sake of the thousands who NEED that job and are also giving something up to stay employed.

Just 1% is unacceptable.

Lets get something clear. You used to work for pinnacle, an airline with such a substandard contract that they needed to hire street Captains to staff undercutting CPAs. Then you moved on to be one of the lowest paid FO's in the industry for your aircarft type. Where the h$ll do you get off telling other people that taking a hit to have a job is unacceptable?

Lets get something clear. You used to work for pinnacle, an airline with such a substandard contract that they needed to hire street Captains to staff undercutting CPAs. Then you moved on to be one of the lowest paid FO's in the industry for your aircarft type. Where the h$ll do you get off telling other people that taking a hit to have a job is unacceptable?

Furthermore, he paid for his job at GIA.

Latest resources

Back