• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet announcement today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, I would rather lose my job to maintain a good standard of living than dumb my wages down to just have the job.
How good is your standard of living without a job? Most idiotic post ever. Ever pilot that flies for the major has taken concessions to help their company and to secure their jobs, as much as possible, yet for some reason you think you're different? I laugh at your ignorance.

The original CPA and the one CAL would have given SKW ended with CAL still controlling every single a/c.

Now XJT will have the control, per the new CPA.
When that 7 years is over we can choose as we please what to do with them.

Remember XJT was a spin off yet CAL still had control of the biggest assets we have...a/c.

Now we do.

Last edited:
The original CPA and the one CAL would have given SKW ended with CAL still control every single a/c.

Now XJT will have the control, per the new CPA.
When that 7 years is over we can choose as we please what to do with them.

Remember XJT was a spin off yet CAL still had control of the biggest assets we have...a/c.

Now we do.
And that does what? XJT still doesn't own them and still has to pay lease on them. CAL still got you guys to underbid everyone. Branded is closing, 500+ furloughed, JR got put in his place, and stock is 1/18th of what it was a year ago... But you've got the A/C. Or you think you do. XJT still doesn't own them.

Ever pilot that flies for the major has taken concessions to help their company and to secure their jobs, as much as possible, yet for some reason you think you're different?

And those pilots were wrong to do so. I would rather watch my company cease to exist than give them one red cent from my paycheck. I don't pay for fuel.

And those pilots were wrong to do so. I would rather watch my company cease to exist than give them one red cent from my paycheck. I don't pay for fuel.
...and it is that attitude that puts thousands of non-pilot employees...people who are barely getting by as it is...out of a job.

If it goes down that way at AirTran...may you DIAF. I have too many close friends at AirTran that can't afford to lose their jobs because of the old school "it's all about me" attitude.

Last edited:
...and it is that attitude that puts thousands of non-pilot employees...people who are barely getting by as it is...out of a job.

I support them when they're fighting for a fair contract, so I expect the same from them in return. I don't want to see anyone take concessions or lose their jobs.

Latest resources

Back