Expressjet announcement today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There was not a vote.

The MEC shut it down because the offer was so horrendous.

SKW would have had the bottom 800 XJT pilots furloughed, more than the world of hurt you describe that is currently going on.

How bad was the offer? Didn't SkyWest offer 3.50 a share? Considering what the stock price is now, that seems to have been a great offer.

I also heard that if skyw had bought xjet, they would have furloughed 800. Wasn't branded started because CAL pulled 69 planes? How many would have been furloughed had you guys not started the branded flying? I thought it was great that xjet mgmt was trying find new flying options.

In hindsight it looks like doing so just delayed furloughs while jeopardizing the entire company.

I'm sure Skywest guys as a whole are a pretty decent group, however the ones on this board are about as appealing as a 12 hour car ride with a bichon frise riding in the back.

How bad was the offer? Didn't SkyWest offer 3.50 a share? Considering what the stock price is now, that seems to have been a great offer.
Time to educate: there were two different denials of Skywest. The first was the BOD who voted not to accept the $3.50 offer for a total stock buyout. In addition (and not particuarly related to), the MEC was approached about scope relief so that if we were to be bought out in a subsequent offer, we give up our integration language in the contract. Don't confuse the MEC's negotiations of seniority/pay with the BOD's decision to decline the buyout. Two different issues. And they BOTH said "screw you" to Jerry.

So bmpilot, that sounds like management was on-board with not lowering the bar. Does $3.50 sound good now? Perhaps, but at the time neither organization wanted the buy out.

I hope all of you who voted no to be acquired by SKW know what you voted for, all those junior guys and gals are going to be in a world of hurt.

I wish them the best as they go out back into the market looking for jobs. I myself could not imagine what is to be put in a place like that.

Not bashing those who voted no, its just hard to understand where you guys come from, where all I know is where I am at. Good Luck, and goodnite.

Just shows how out of touch the average pilot is with how things are. Pretty sad really.

Medeco

You guys were better off with skywest.

The CPA with CAL isn't going to make any money since XJT pretty much has to operate at cost to maintain the cost savings CAL wanted.

Too bad your management could not figure out how to raise the bar too.

CAL wanted savings comparable to what SkyWest signed for. My understanding is that is what the new CPA does. How much higher do you think XJT operating costs are than SKW?

And PS:
Shareholders might have been better off with SkyWest. Not many people thought we'd keep our jobs under SkyWest.

Wow, all this talk about unity. Did you guys think about the rampers, gate agents, flight attendants and others that could be out of a job because XJT pilots have to prove something? Yeh, you're raising the bar while taking everyone else to the unemployment line. And in the end, you'll still have nothing. Will your pride pay the mortgage, the car, food and other bills?

Yes, I have thought about everyone at our company. I don't put myself on a pedestal. I have been a ramper, fueler and just about everything else that is involved in this business prior to being a pilot. At least they had the opportunity for a job.

How is this any different than any other company. Maybe in the 1.5 years that we were running branded they either learned they loved working for an airline or hated it. I feel bad for everyone but don't blame our management. Blame CAL for cutting the original 25% in the first place and blame King George and his men along with our worthless congressmen and women for running our country into the ground the past 8 years.

Yes, I would rather lose my job to maintain a good standard of living than dumb my wages down to just have the job. At some point the job just wouldn't be worth it to me and I would have to walk away. It is no different than when I made boatloads of money in the IT sector but was being worked to death. For me flying is a balance between the two.

So go ahead and work for $16 an hour and 8 days off per month so you can tell everyone your didn't attempt to "raise the bar" and tried to keep everyone's jobs. Ever heard of shopping your way to unemployment at WalMart? The more cheap sh!t you buy from foreign lands costs more Amerincan jobs which in turn means you have to buy more cheap stuff because you make less money. Blah Blah Blah... Vicious circle.

So wherever you work encourage your company to run the business as efficiently as possible. Don't cave on scare tactics just so you can keep your job. That doesn't mean you should strike for $150/hr wages in an RJ.

Good luck to all of my co-workers.

I'd be all for a merger with skywest, assuming they merged the three lists. But it doesn't matter what the pilots think because it never even got that far.

I honestly wish you all at XJET the best. I really mean that. But honestly, I'm glad it never came to this. Merging the three lists would be no good for my situation. So I'm glad it didn't happen, at least for my own selfish reasons. Some XJET pilots act as if SkyWest pilots are stricken with grief because we weren't able to make the purchase. I'm here to tell you that's definitely not the case.

The ignorance of the supposed skywest pilots on here is staggering. I can only hope you're trolls who don't really work there.

As opposed to the staggering ignorance displayed on this board by pilots from other airlines? Just ask yourself this question: This is a internet website where the discussion is driven by rumor, flamebait, half-truth, unrestrained personal bias, and otherwise incomplete information. How good could you possibly expect it to be? I point the finger at everyone here, including my fellow SkyWesters.

They don't call it flightMISinfo for nothing.

-Goose

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back