• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet announcement today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did you guys think about the rampers, gate agents, flight attendants and others that could be out of a job because XJT pilots have to prove something? Yeh, you're raising the bar while taking everyone else to the unemployment line.
THIS.

I'm not pointing that at anyone in particular...but I think this point is lost on so many pilots. You may hold the most chips, but it's not all about you. I'm not saying give away the farm...by all means, stand up for yourself...but humility goes a long way for the folks that aren't making half of your average paycheck.

On a different note, I wish the good folks at XJT the best of luck. Here's to you and your fellow employees in your making it through this...and I raise a beer to those who are caught up in the furlough. All the best, guys...

Last edited:
Wow, all this talk about unity. Did you guys think about the rampers, gate agents, flight attendants and others that could be out of a job because XJT pilots have to prove something? Yeh, you're raising the bar while taking everyone else to the unemployment line. And in the end, you'll still have nothing. Will your pride pay the mortgage, the car, food and other bills?

I read some of the same talk from ASA pilots back when Skywest bought them. Ask them if they think they are better off today then if they had stayed under Delta. Hey, lets ask the Comair pilots how things are today. I bet the Comair pilots wished Skywest had bought them too.

You're saying: pilots' pay singularly determines the fate of the company.

News flash: you're wrong.

Pouring MILLIONS into a failed business venture, branded, is why they are now coming crying for pay cuts.

However, your "raising the bar" sounds more like "full pay to the last day".

Yes. That is exactly what I am saying. Glad I am communicating clearly. But it's not just me: it's pilots along with rampers, gate agents, flight attendants, mechanics, et cetera.

In other words, we are UNIFIED in not taking cuts. That sounds like raising the bar in terms of LABOR. Unless of course you're after a management position.

You guys were better off with skywest.

The CPA with CAL isn't going to make any money since XJT pretty much has to operate at cost to maintain the cost savings CAL wanted.

Too bad your management could not figure out how to raise the bar too.

Last edited:
You guys were better off with skywest.

There is no way XJT was better off with the SkyWest deal that was offered.

Not only would XJT have lost the branded flying and the LAX flying, but also would have lost more CAL flying, who knows what would happen with charter, and there'd be absolutely NO guarantee of more flying going out the door each and every passing year in the future.

A three-way whipsaw agreement would not have been good for anyone at XJT, SKW, or ASA.

If SKW would have been okay with one seniority list that would have been a different story but otherwise there would be no guarantee of the XJT pilot workforce constantly getting screwed, and that is after the initial screwjob of eight hundred (800) furloughs.

Wow, all this talk about unity. Did you guys think about the rampers, gate agents, flight attendants and others that could be out of a job because XJT pilots have to prove something? Yeh, you're raising the bar while taking everyone else to the unemployment line. And in the end, you'll still have nothing. Will your pride pay the mortgage, the car, food and other bills?

I read some of the same talk from ASA pilots back when Skywest bought them. Ask them if they think they are better off today then if they had stayed under Delta. Hey, lets ask the Comair pilots how things are today. I bet the Comair pilots wished Skywest had bought them too.

I don't know where you get your information. As of today, to the best of my knowledge through friends at XJT, the pilots haven't been approached for concessions. So I'm not sure why you think the pilots are running the airline into the ground.

Also, we all know that pay cuts have never saved an airline. Carry on.

I hope all of you who voted no to be acquired by SKW know what you voted for, all those junior guys and gals are going to be in a world of hurt.

I wish them the best as they go out back into the market looking for jobs. I myself could not imagine what is to be put in a place like that.

Not bashing those who voted no, its just hard to understand where you guys come from, where all I know is where I am at. Good Luck, and goodnite.

Get Informed

I hope all of you who voted no to be acquired by SKW know what you voted for, all those junior guys and gals are going to be in a world of hurt.

I wish them the best as they go out back into the market looking for jobs. I myself could not imagine what is to be put in a place like that.

Not bashing those who voted no, its just hard to understand where you guys come from, where all I know is where I am at. Good Luck, and goodnite.

There was not a vote.

The MEC shut it down because the offer was so horrendous.

SKW would have had the bottom 800 XJT pilots furloughed, more than the world of hurt you describe that is currently going on.

Seriously, how thick is the kool-aide jerry hands out in Utah?

The xjet pilots never voted on the skywest merger. The xjet board of directors vetoed the merger before it ever got that far.

I'd be all for a merger with skywest, assuming they merged the three lists. But it doesn't matter what the pilots think because it never even got that far.

The ignorance of the supposed skywest pilots on here is staggering. I can only hope you're trolls who don't really work there.

Sorry to hear the bad news guys. I hope it all works out for those affected. Have some great friends working there. Best of luck.

Latest resources

Back