• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet announcement today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not even close DB. Go drink a nice cup of shut the F up. Some folks actually have plans for when the industry takes a downturn. Do you or did you blow 80k at ATP just to make $16 an hour some place?

hey azpirate you know how I know you're gay?

hey azpirate you know how I know you're gay?

Yes... I am gay because I respond to your lame @ss posts. Loser.... This will be the last one!

Good Day!

Thanks to the guy who knows me for sticking up for me. I would say 99% of the people I have flown with have enjoyed it. Why I even post cr@p on here I don't know. I need to keep my mouth shut. Now run with that one 3Blade.

Back on topic. Good luck to those who end up getting the short end of the stick at ExpressJet.

No it makes perfect sense. If I can get a job elsewhere with better work rules and better pay I will go do that job verses voting for a concessionary contract. If it means I have to get out of aviation either permanently or temporarily that is fine. I refuse to continue to dumb down the wages in the hope that some day things will get better. If you are willing to work for less I can't stop you. Look at the folks at American and other major airlines. Look at how much they have lost and will never get it back. How does your retirement account look? What about the amount of debt you owe? Maybe your finances are just fine but others are in deep sh!t because wages continue to spiral down.

I am done. I know I can't convince you to change your mind. Go work for free so you can brag to everyone about how you are an airline pilot.

Thank you az. I agree 100%. I'd say more, but you've said it already.

Now the bigger question....what freakin airline is ATP going to use for hiring now? I meant XJT, AE....this is kindda becoming like the Madden course or something!!!!

Just trying to lighten the mood a little. I was an 89(Old time bastard for those of you who don't know) before I got the big "F" because of station closure as well as my ending my end all goal of flying there. Ream was given a sht sandwich the day of the split and has been making tulips of it since. That is until the dam oil spectulators started blowing up their bubble and kcufed up the entire economy.

But having said that I have to agree with an earlier post regarding the american economy. For the last 20 years(since nafta)the us economy has only survied by the bubbles. For example, the 90's the internet bubble, early 2000's the housing market, and now it seems an oil bubble that is only allowing the oil
companies to make the money!!!

Last edited:
However, like most of the rest of us out there, I need this job to make it financially. I spent $30k at [insert state college] and now have loans to pay off, and other financial obligations.

Your profile depicts you as a bro FO. You can make more money, and repay those loans quicker at many, many other jobs. You can't really call this a profession anymore, thanks to short-sighted sell-outs like yourself.

Therefore, I don't have the luxury of being so cavalier with my own and my fellow pilots' future.

Trying to keep this a job worth having is hardly a luxury. Those that cavalierly dismiss and cast aside the gains and sacrifices of those that came before them are the problem.

It likely won't come to this for me, but I'd much rather take a pay cut and keep my job than be faced with having no job and starting all over again at square one somewhere else in a tough job market.

This line of thinking begets scabs. Swap out "take a pay cut" with "cross a picket line"

That's just my take though. I'm a SkyWest pilot and not aquainted with meaningless buzzwords such as "solidarity."

Obviously Solidarity does not strike a chord with you.

Like I said, hopefully someday I'll be out of this industry.

The sooner the better.

But until then, I'd say remaining employed is better than not.
So long as you get yours huh?

Yeah this is all SkyWests Fault! It they bought XJT things would have been much better... or wait is it the other way around. I mean they're all a$$holes just look at the handful of posts on FI, they must all be like that......

Yeah this is all SkyWests Fault! It they bought XJT things would have been much better... or wait is it the other way around. I mean they're all a$$holes just look at the handful of posts on FI, they must all be like that......

Almost right, it's all skywest's fault because they didn't vote in the union geez.

Latest resources

Back