Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet and the mystery 69 airplanes!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just realised after reading his old posts that I fell for this d'bag hook, line, and sinker...go away kooter.

The Problem with XJT pilots is their egos. They are also very big on the koolaid. Just read superpilots' messages he just LOVES xjt. Problem is much like ASA and Comair Xjt is starting to shrink and soon will have 6 year upgrades like Comair and ASA. All because they didn't want to lower their costs and get some more flying.

Just another example of someone's fair-haired son being hired based on DNA and not personality or experience.
And by the way, hiring is still going strong and upgrades are still at the two year point.

The Problem with XJT pilots is their egos. They are also very big on the koolaid. Just read superpilots' messages he just LOVES xjt. Problem is much like ASA and Comair Xjt is starting to shrink and soon will have 6 year upgrades like Comair and ASA. All because they didn't want to lower their costs and get some more flying.

Hey numb nutzz, first off you dont know me. Second i love where i work right now because i am based at home. I am from Houston, my whole family is in Houston. You see your basis on why i like my job is off. Not Koolaid , there are things out side of aviation you know. I am treated well at my job and I am around my family ALOT. Thats what makes me like my job numbnutzz. Good Luck at CAL just remember how you got there!!

We here at XJT could not care a dang bit about what you percieve to have heard a "Pilot Recruiter" tell you about our future and the 69 jets. For starters if you look at XJT holdings public financial reports you will find something like 300 million dollars in cash, not 3 million. You will also find that our XRJ's are nothing like a Legacy, even if you did put a couple of couches and a mini-bar in them.

What the future holds for us is up for debate, but posting completely worthless information is actually counter productive to any point you were trying to make. With that said I do have some optomisim that my company will be successful in the future no matter what they do with the 69 jets we are keeping.

If you look at the big picture of where our little slice of the industry (the regionals) is going, you might want to thank the ex INDY pilots for having the bravery to stick it out at their company to the end. INDY left the template for what to, and what not to do for any other regional that decides to strike out on their own. Remember the old addage about being the lead dog??

Oh and just to make you feel better...... The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!

Why do people get so defensive about 'their' regional?? C'mon they're all shyte - they're all with a little bit of each other. Why get ready to kill each other over petty stuff?

Who has asked us as pilots to lower costs to get more flying? Perhaps our management does not wish to compete in the "race to the bottom" where everyone submits bids with ridiculously low profit margins just to get flying. As pilots we haven't been asked for any sort of paycuts nor has our management shown any interest in purchasing 70 seat airplanes. It just isn't part of their business plan.

Yor only code share partner.

Hey guys,

I think if your going to say ******************** about another airline or a pilot group..you f$$king sign your POST WITH YOUR REAL NAME...im tired of freaking guys talking ******************** with no balls..
ravi patel

Source? I find it hard to believe that they are STARTING their FO's that high. NetJets doesn't even pay that much to start on the BBJ.

If the rumors of what the pay override will be hold to be true, the pay will be comparable to that of NetJets Aviation.

Maybe for an FO, but if you look at what a 10 yr CA at NetJets makes, comparing an XJ with a Falcon, that is around 167,000. No why in hell Express is going to pay us that much for us. So yes, I hate to say it, but if we start this corporate thing, NetJets will be pissed b/c we are lowering the bar. Just look at their pay scale on airlinepilotcentral.com

Last edited:
just wanted to say I am no longer with expressjet but was there. my opinion...good company great people ********************ty industry. i wouldnt go back to an airline if someone paid me. maybe down the line sometime but i dont want to be a part of evolution. my life is too short to go to work everyday and worry about work when im home. i finally can say i dont do that. I wish the people at express good luck. At least the management and the people have the balls to stand up and try something other than take cuts to bleed more from an already open wound.

I am to assume that you will be continually willing to sacrafice your salary to your employer so that they can "lower costs" and win new contracts? If so, pity, you discrace yourself and the profession.

Latest resources

Back