• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet $10 million concessions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lol, this tough talk is absolutely hilarious. Everyone is a no vote. Of course you are, there is nothing being offered to vote yes......yet. HELL NO!! I am not going to take a pay cut!!! Just like Pinnacle before the incentives and Delta with their scope before the incentives. HELL NO!! NOT ONE MORE 76 seater or bigger for the regionals!!! Oh, you will give me a pay raise and give me credit for parking an aircraft you already want parked? HELL YEAH!!! Bring on the money. Or Pinnacle...STFD!!! I won't take a pay cut!!! Oh, you will shut the company down with a no vote and I will keep my job a while longer and you will give me $6k+ to boot for a yes vote? HELL YEAH!!! Give me the $6k+. Just sayin'.

p.s. I don't blame anyone for voting the way they did. I just think it's funny how everyone has these hardline stands until it comes time to pay the bills.

Mesa pay rates on CRJ 700 and 900 is well above GoJets and pinnacle. Mesa is not bringing down anything, we are holding it up. Our company is salivating over Pinnacles sell out. 9% pay cut plus their 12 year captain cap and 4 year fo cap on pay scales. 17 hours of vacation pay per week at pinnacle. they sold us all out so the 300 they saved can have a flow thru to mother Delta. So make sure and thank all the pinnacle pilots for lowering the bar so far below everyone else.

Delta is making millions. There pilots are getting big raises finally. So why pick on the regionals to nickel and dime us? GoJets/Pinnalce/Mesa are bringing us down. I hate this whipsaw. I'm sure if we fly by the "book", that would send a message. There are plenty other ways to cut fat. And I don't mean our flight attendants. Once the majors suck up our pilot's, XJET will be in a world of hurt with nobody to fly the planes. You have to do something to make this place attractive to keep/hire pilots.

Hasn't the thought occurred to you guys that the only reason concessions are even a remote possibility is because you've been engaged in this giant PBS circle-jerk for years now? Just as ALPA attorneys warned, while you fought over a PBS vendor, bad things have happened in the regional sector of the industry, and that is now putting downward pressure on your contract. The longer you hold on to this PBS fight, the worse it can get.

Hasn't the thought occurred to you guys that the only reason concessions are even a remote possibility is because you've been engaged in this giant PBS circle-jerk for years now? Just as ALPA attorneys warned, while you fought over a PBS vendor, bad things have happened in the regional sector of the industry, and that is now putting downward pressure on your contract. The longer you hold on to this PBS fight, the worse it can get.

Don't you have a job to buy, Gulfstream boy? Union thug, only in your wettest dreams. By your logic if hey had just gotten a job at DAL 20 years ago everything would be OK. Rolling over and sticking your tater in the air is just that, and always be just that, I wouldn't expect you to understand it though.

Last edited:
Lol, this tough talk is absolutely hilarious. Everyone is a no vote. Of course you are, there is nothing being offered to vote yes......yet. HELL NO!! I am not going to take a pay cut!!! Just like Pinnacle before the incentives and Delta with their scope before the incentives. HELL NO!! NOT ONE MORE 76 seater or bigger for the regionals!!! Oh, you will give me a pay raise and give me credit for parking an aircraft you already want parked? HELL YEAH!!! Bring on the money. Or Pinnacle...STFD!!! I won't take a pay cut!!! Oh, you will shut the company down with a no vote and I will keep my job a while longer and you will give me $6k+ to boot for a yes vote? HELL YEAH!!! Give me the $6k+. Just sayin'.

p.s. I don't blame anyone for voting the way they did. I just think it's funny how everyone has these hardline stands until it comes time to pay the bills.

Still would vote no

Don't you have a job to buy, Gulfstream boy? Union thug, only in your wettest dreams. By your logic if hey had just gotten a job at DAL 20 years ago everything would be OK. Rolling over and sticking your tater in the air is just that, and always be just that, I wouldn't expect you to understand it though.

After his total beat down at the hands of SWA management, I highly doubt his fellow AT pilots would refer to him as a union thug. Uneducated Moron fits better. He only cost his fellow pilots $300 million.

Do something else. Something more interesting...you mean you have all your eggs in the airline basket? Not the best plan sir.

I'm a short call reserve captain. I do way too much work for too little pay as it is, and I too am an absolute hardliner. I will do this job for not one penny less than I currently make. Regardless of consequence...........

There is plenty of other flying out there- just might not be at a regional again.

My greatest hope is that there is a way out of this. I'd rather work WITH the company on a solution than to throw fire on the place. However, it is what it is, and no paycuts for this pilot.

The regionals are coming to a period approaching "rightsizing". The mainline carriers will continue the pressure to force this process, and hopefully it will come to bite them sooner rather than later.
Don't see a DC9 fitting on the ramp in Valdosta!
The day will come when they will wonder where not only they will get pilots from, but also very important regional feed. Meanwhile we continue to provide their profit sharing funds. Enjoy, General!

As an employee of the largest regional airline in the world, I have already drawn my line. No concessions.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Wait, your 50 seaters aren't profitable, RA has stated that, hence why he wants to dump all but 125 of them, and those remaining will go to places like Albany, GA and Valdosta. All of the other cities currently served by 50 seaters, will see your 70 and 76 seaters, while mainline 717s swoop in on your current 76 seat routes, trying to make a larger profit. That's good business. As far as the funds for profit sharing, most comes from ancillary revenue from bag and change fees, over $2.5 billion last year. They are here to stay it seems.

But hey, there may be mainline hiring in 2014, and the other 2 legacies may start hiring this year. The pay is going up, and the legacies are looking more healthy these days. Good luck in your future choices.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Geez surprised it took you this long to post your useless and obvious repetitive comments putz!

I agree that's "good business" as Delta sees it, but this continued pressure on regional carriers will force them to seek to pay substandard wages, and ultimately result in nobody choosing to enter this career anymore.
Why borrow a six figure sum (if you can), to become an airline pilot if there's no chance of paying it back for a decade or more?
You simply cannot get good service without the availability of an adequate supply of qualified employees. The workforce, pilots in this case, just keeps getting more senior, and more expensive. Keep taking advantage of regional pilots by scare tactics such as those forced on the Pinnacle guys, and the supply dries up quickly. Disgruntled and unhappy employees never give of their best and customer service tanks.

Have you been to a station lately operated by DGS? Those that were operated very efficiently by, for example, ASA have in many cases gone through 3 pay resets this past few years as they are fired and rehired through Regional Elite, Pinnacle, and now DGS.
I arrived in Shreveport a couple of weeks ago for an overnight, and there was ONE employee doing everything! Passengers had to wait over 30 minutes for their bags, even the valet ones! Simply unacceptable.
Everyone at these stations I have spoken to is looking for a way out. They're fed up, and you cannot blame them.

The cheapest is hardly ever the best. Shortcuts are taken, and I would hate to think there may someday be a serious incident due to perhaps a maintenance oversight, or similar.

Delta may be riding high right now, but there must be a review of what's going on at the regionals and the levels of compensation paid for good service. At my company we provide very good service compared to a few years back, but get very little reward or appreciation for our efforts.

You keep talking about the majors hiring General. I would like to see that, but looks like its way off, if ever.

Have a nice weekend.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Latest resources

Back