• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet $10 million concessions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
777's dad told me once he wished his son would stop posting so much. He works for Netjets.

I think most people are planning to get out as fast as they can, but where would you suggest going? UAL isnt currently hiring, although that will change shortly I believe. AA isnt currently hiring, but again I believe that will happen some time this summer/early fall. DAL isnt hiring and wont until late the year/early 2014. FedEx is hiring in VERY small numbers to keep their training center going. UPS isnt hiring. SWA isnt hiring. USAir may or may not be hiring depending on how HR feels that day. Alaska and Hawaiian are hiring VERY few. Jetblue? I dont know if they are or not. Spirit, VA, etc... I believe are hiring a few. All of the ACMI carriers are damn near shut down.

The places that are hiring arent hiring in sufficient quantities for it to mean ********************. Until the major's start up in the next 12 months there will be little movement at the regionals. As soon as that happens I expect it to be like 2006/7 when the regionals were losing 100's a month to the majors.

Get out to where Jump??? No one hiring, so we fight to keep what we have. Sure it might be a drawn out process but I don't think we need to give up all we've gained all these years. Especially when the GO is bloated with people like SH and paid big salaries & bonuses. And then there's JA keeping 2 airlines separate....a lot the Co needs to do to reduce costs before they try us for concessions.

Get out to where Jump??? No one hiring, so we fight to keep what we have. Sure it might be a drawn out process but I don't think we need to give up all we've gained all these years. Especially when the GO is bloated with people like SH and paid big salaries & bonuses. And then there's JA keeping 2 airlines separate....a lot the Co needs to do to reduce costs before they try us for concessions.

JetBlue is hiring 250 this year. App window opening in early Feb.

Last edited:
This job is not worth one penny less than Current book. PBS is a no go, without vacation low. Guess they better get creative, cause unlike those spineless tools at pinnacle, we won't roll over.

This job is not worth one penny less than Current book. PBS is a no go, without vacation low. Guess they better get creative, cause unlike those spineless tools at pinnacle, we won't roll over.

I know we won't roll over. I also know that severe cuts will be made at across the SkyWest board. Get get out to the closest life preserver you can.

We may not give in, but the result will be the same for us, either way. Either a huge pay cut (bankruptcy induced) or liquidation, as our mainline partners cut our block hour pay or cancel our contracts for cheaper operators.

I think the only other alternative for us is to get far, far, far away from Delta as a DCI carrier. I think our greatest hope was American, and they chose Republic instead.

I know we won't roll over. I also know that severe cuts will be made at across the SkyWest board. Get get out to the closest life preserver you can.

We may not give in, but the result will be the same for us, either way. Either a huge pay cut (bankruptcy induced) or liquidation, as our mainline partners cut our block hour pay or cancel our contracts for cheaper operators.

I think the only other alternative for us is to get far, far, far away from Delta as a DCI carrier. I think our greatest hope was American, and they chose Republic instead.

they chose republic to staff a base in LGA.... i have a feeling we get more AA flying.

Delta is making millions. There pilots are getting big raises finally. So why pick on the regionals to nickel and dime us? GoJets/Pinnalce/Mesa are bringing us down. I hate this whipsaw. I'm sure if we fly by the "book", that would send a message. There are plenty other ways to cut fat. And I don't mean our flight attendants. Once the majors suck up our pilot's, XJET will be in a world of hurt with nobody to fly the planes. You have to do something to make this place attractive to keep/hire pilots.

Delta is making millions. There pilots are getting big raises finally. So why pick on the regionals to nickel and dime us? GoJets/Pinnalce/Mesa are bringing us down. I hate this whipsaw. I'm sure if we fly by the "book", that would send a message. There are plenty other ways to cut fat. And I don't mean our flight attendants. Once the majors suck up our pilot's, XJET will be in a world of hurt with nobody to fly the planes. You have to do something to make this place attractive to keep/hire pilots.

How do you think Delta paid for thier guys raise? It's one pool of money that gets shuffled back and forth... Good luck, you have a lot of lifers there that will vote yes to keep thier jobs, too.

Latest resources

Back