• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet $10 million concessions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just heard the same thing from a union guy. Apparently the company is trying to get these cost reductions through elimination of soft time (primarily vacation low), L-XJT's defined contribution 401K and some other stuff.

I know for sure they want to get rid of the LXJT B fund contribution. This is one of the concessions they specifically asked for in 2008.

They have already been getting 9 million PER YEAR from LXJT pilots alone since 2008.

Last edited:
I'll say the same thing I said in '07.

Find it somewhere else. Pilot salary comprises only a PART of this company's overall cost and I'm not gonna do it for ANY less!!

FIND IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

Bring management under one roof, they should triple their objective.
Fixed!

This was asked in front Jerry and the response wasn't very open or candid. If "synergies" from the ASA/ XJT merger resulted in $60M to $100M of savings, merging the new XJT with SKW should save substantially more.

Come on guys! It cost a lot to build the new company store and host a ribbon cutting ceremony. We need to help fund CH and her "special" projects! It makes us all feel good!

I really don't think L-ASA General offices can ever be fixed. It has a long history of waste, inefficiency, and horrible employees who don't do their jobs very well. They cant seem to fire people who are totally useless and refuse to perform their jobs for fear of being sued. They have a long History of hatred of flight crews. They think the airline revolves around them and that pilots and flight attendants are an unfortunate but necessary evil that must be tolerated and managed.

That's why Jerry wants nothing to do with it. He doesn't want to poison the well with any of the worthless employees in ATL

FIND IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

Instead of being in the band and wondering what song to play next, I suggest everybody find a lifeboat as quickly as you can and abandon ship. The mighty Titanic, Skywest Inc, is sinking

777 you are just plain ignorant, never had to fight for anything have you, don't give up, fight

777 you are just plain ignorant, never had to fight for anything have you, don't give up, fight

Fight???? Are you serious????? Get out, and get out now! What are you going to fight for? More money while SkyWest loses it's tail? Exactly how are they going to make money when getting underbid by everyone else for work? This place is a business- it ain't magic. The money for SkyWest Inc. has to come from somewhere, and the tap is closing off. Just wait and see- Delta will illustrate this soon enough.

Latest resources

Back