• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Express Jet hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Starchkr. Fortunately when they asked the TS question, the first thing I said was I would contact dispatch. I guess that's from our flight department drilling it into our head. Hopefully the answer will be worth more than dispatch!!!

box

Vegaspilot99 said:
dispatch just kinda tosses ya the weather and says go check it out...not much to consult. Oh well, hope I still hear something.

Don't worry. In practice, that's the way it is at CALEX too! :D

pipejockey said:
For all of yall that feel strongly about having at least 1500 total. I have over 500 multi and 300 turbine flying as SIC in an SA227 but do not have 1500 total. I can go out and split the cost of a Cessna 152 with someone, right seater logging PIC as safety pilot and left seater technicaly "under the hood";) flying around the neighborhood for a few hundred hours. But does that make me any more competent than I am now?? No way!!

Its a fact that United had been hiring 300 hour pilots for a time. The best pilot should get the job, and the most important thing I feel is quality.

I feel your frustration bro, but the company has to have some sort of minimum standards. With all the hightly quilified applicants out there floating around now, be glad it isn't a 2500hr minumum. You may see the requirements change as the volume of applicants are pehnominal. And just because someone has 1500TT doesn't mean jack. Its just an arbitrary number as far as im concerned.

FWIW...

I have heard in recent weeks that they are cancelling flights due to lack of flight crews. They are starting to hire in January to alleviate this problem but also were expecting many of the continental flowbacks to go back (I had heard in about 6 months). Well, the Continental bid for January has 171 openings for people to come back. So I think there will be a strong hiring push for most of 2004.

Before long you will see the minimums take into account other types of experience.

I do not work at CoEX (yet) though so anyone "in the know" can confirm or deny...

It looks like I may have screwed the pooch on this one.

Based on the dates and times people have posted here, I was in the very initial group of pilots they called, so I had no idea what to expect. I was home with some friends drinking a few beers when they called at 8 p.m. At first I thought is was a telemarketer. I was not expecting or prepared for an interview. When she asked if I had time for some questions, I thought she wanted to know where I work, what kind of flying I do, hours, etc. Not the questions that were asked. Case in point, I fly freight for a small 135 company. The idea of contacting dispatch never crossed my mind since we don't have one. I also didn't like the way I answered the "late for work" question. I said half-a-dozen times in 12 months, but never by more than 5 minutes and I've never been late for the flight itself (our procedure is to be there 30 minutes before scheduled departure). In retrospect I should have said never but I was actually being truthful at the time.

Although I printed out the script, I was not asked to read it. I take that as a bad sign. Truth be known, this process also has me reconsidering if I'd like to fly for CoEx. They were among my top-3 regionals for a variety of reasons but this has left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I just don't see how they can evaluate someone's responses without knowing anything about their background.

I don't know if I'll get a call but good luck to those of you who do.

Just got the call, same questions as starchkr mentioned, and also had to read the script. Applied just 2 days ago.

Total 4000, Multi 1000, Flight Instructing

mycfitrips said:
Besides getting credit info, what else are they looking to find out about us using our SS#?

They might be trying to get a jump on your background check? Maybe they want to have it all tied up on their end once you pass the interview so they can say "welcome aboard!" :)

Sorry not trying to hi-jack, but I'm just curious as to what you've said about the hard landing. I'm just a lowly box-hauler and have to answer to just the captain. Is the interview answer different than what you might really say?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back