• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Express Jet hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
so they're telling you upgrade in 3 to 4 years? hmm.. guess i better start getting ready for my upgrade class then, since i'm in my 4th year.. :rolleyes:

but first, gotta learn how to bid again, since with all these recalls and new hires, i might actually get off of reserve!

I agree with you guys, I don't like the phone interview. I know that we all have weird hours and sometimes enjoy adult beverages at nonstandard hours at times, that could be a problem.

As for the 3 to 4 years for upgrade, I'd say more like 4 to 5 right now, but it could quickly go to 3 if we secure feed for other airlines. Right now it's about 5 years, but look for it to go down to 4 when the CAL recalls begin.

For now good luck to you guys, see you on the line! :)

When my call came in, I just gave her the best answer I could for all of the questions asked. I felt that my answers were at least decent.

As far as the upgrade question, it was stated like this:
"Currently upgrades are running 3 years OR MORE, do you have a problem with this?" Of course I said no.

I also mentioned that I was caught completely by surprise with the phone call, and she came right out and said that I did well.

She then also mentioned that I would be contacted by a senior recruiter, but did not mention a time period.

My times are 3150 TT, 1700 ME

Got the call as well, she asked the same questions as everybody else and I had to read the deice thing. She promised a call from a senior recruiter some time in the near future.

My time are 2100TT, 800 multi, 600 turbine and I am dating James Reams daughter. ;)

so what would be considered the correct answers for the phone interview? just curious, since it seems she has an answer key or something.

also, did someone say the interview process is taking 60-90 days? seems like a long time.

I also got the call today while flying. Woman's name was randy. Called back and spoke with Rebecca. Went through the same bullcrap questions. Was told would be contacted by a senior recruiter in 60-90 days, but she told me it could be as early as next week.

box

She also said that upgrading is 3 to 4yrs and if that would be acceptable for me.

As Captjim said above, I would guess upgrade will be 4-6 years since I'm at 3.4 years and I'm still on RESERVE! (as an FO)

coex said:
As Captjim said above, I would guess upgrade will be 4-6 years since I'm at 3.4 years and I'm still on RESERVE! (as an FO)

That's what you get for wanting to live in farm country out in Ohio! Go find a side job and make thousands of dollars if you don't like it! I hear there's money in the internet these days. Life ain't much better as a line holder these days to be honest. Very recently had the days off rolled twice after four days. Wish I would of taken the cola...

Yea, I'd be on COLA if I could have held one LOL.
I'm just glad XJT is my hobby and not my real job :D

Hmmm.... Not sure what the problem is. I have been here about 3.7 yrs and I have not had less than 15 days of for almost 2 yrs now. I have had 3 months in 2 yrs where I could not hold at least 15 days off. CLE sucks, maybe thats why EWR rocks!:)

Latest resources

Back