• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Express Jet called

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just got a call yesterday too as well. But i was just recently hired with Horizon and start training this week so i turned it down as well. I put my stuff in the end of January.

Secret Squirrel said:
I.P. Freely

I said he was an idiot for considering an F.O. job as jerking gear. Etc., etc., etc...

You have the sense of humor of a rutabaga. I suppose this is the first time ever you've seen someone refer to the right seat as "jerking gear"??

Sorry, didn't realize you were Larry Literal. In future I will assume that you have no concept of metaphor, humor, or colloqialism.

well, the case is that turbine pic counts for a lot. and if need be, can always go to xjet for a year to get the jet time.

Icelandair said:
I just got a call yesterday too as well. But i was just recently hired with Horizon and start training this week so i turned it down as well. I put my stuff in the end of January.

Enjoy Horizon! Are you going to the Q200 or 400?

msk2468 said:
Yeah a nine year FO. In a year and a half one could (possibly) be making 42/hour instead of 23-32/hour somewhere else as an fo. Pretty complicated huh? I haven't worked there, I am just looking at the bright side. Comair/express jet etc....arent exactly beating down everyone's doors down. Its still competitive out there because guys with 121 experience are still jumping around and not necessarily up. One has to start somewhere. I waited the four months for express Jet and right around when they called is when they decided you need prior 135/121 experience as stated in the email sent out to many guys with a lot of time. Colgan is 121 last time I checked. Its real easy to knock things from a cushy position, but a man's gotta do.....well we'll see.

Cushy position??? I wouldn't exactly call Colgan a cushy position. Let us see, what have I dealt with with Colgan over the last few millenium... broken seats, broken seat belts, cracked window. cabin door that won't latch, carpet that slides all around the floor of the cabin, smoking circuit breaker, failed flaps, failed bleeds, failed environmental system, faulty pressurization, failed comm radio, failed nose wheel steering, faulty low pitch stops that try to yaw you off the runway, autofeather problems, fire protection system failures, icing equipment failure, leaky engine (fuel) due to improper repair of a diverter line, leaky engine (oil), EFIS malfunctions, low pressure fuel pump failure, DC generator and AC bus failures, improperly tightened cowling bolts, fuel cap left off of aircraft, and several months of over guarantee pay that I had to chase down. Come to think of it, what haven't I dealt with. Knock on wood, an engine failure. CUSHY job? You don't know what you are talking about. Every day it is something new at Colgan, every phone conference it is the same old uninspiring jibber jabber about standardization or automating the pay system. Enough said, suffice it to say, it is not a cushy position. It is 121, it is experience, and I have learned a great deal, BUT given the opportunity to come to Colgan or go to another regional carrier, I would highly recommend entertaining the latter option. Pick a place you want to be for awhile, stepping stone don't always turn out to be stepping stones.

Beech, I was directing that cushy statement to the guys who made it on with comair, etc... and who were knocking colgan. Sorry man, good, passionate post though.

beechcowboy said:
Cushy position??? I wouldn't exactly call Colgan a cushy position. Let us see, what have I dealt with with Colgan over the last few millenium... broken seats, broken seat belts, cracked window. cabin door that won't latch, carpet that slides all around the floor of the cabin, smoking circuit breaker, failed flaps, failed bleeds, failed environmental system, faulty pressurization, failed comm radio, failed nose wheel steering, faulty low pitch stops that try to yaw you off the runway, autofeather problems, fire protection system failures, icing equipment failure, leaky engine (fuel) due to improper repair of a diverter line, leaky engine (oil), EFIS malfunctions, low pressure fuel pump failure, DC generator and AC bus failures, improperly tightened cowling bolts, fuel cap left off of aircraft, and several months of over guarantee pay that I had to chase down. Come to think of it, what haven't I dealt with. Knock on wood, an engine failure. CUSHY job? You don't know what you are talking about. Every day it is something new at Colgan, every phone conference it is the same old uninspiring jibber jabber about standardization or automating the pay system. Enough said, suffice it to say, it is not a cushy position. It is 121, it is experience, and I have learned a great deal, BUT given the opportunity to come to Colgan or go to another regional carrier, I would highly recommend entertaining the latter option. Pick a place you want to be for awhile, stepping stone don't always turn out to be stepping stones.

msk2468 said:
Beech, I was directing that cushy statement to the guys who made it on with comair, etc... and who were knocking colgan. Sorry man, good, passionate post though.

Do realize, I said I flew the 1900 at Colgan before heading to Comair. These comments aren't from folks in cushy positions with no actual Colgan experience... That being said, I am very greatful for my time spent at Colgan, but trust me, there is an amazing difference and you should weigh other opportunities.

beechcowboy said:
every phone conference it is the same old uninspiring jibber jabber about standardization or automating the pay system.

Yes and remember, fill out the mx log sheets proprely. We don't want anyone going down the "primrose path." This is a zero-tolerance industry.

Thank you, I try to be as eloquent as possible when I go off on a childish rant.

msk2468 said:

ERfly said:
Yes and remember, fill out the mx log sheets proprely. We don't want anyone going down the "primrose path." This is a zero-tolerance industry.

AND, next month we will be investing in spell check software so that we can post our weekly meeting minutes without a host of grammatical and spelling errors. THAT IS, if we post the minutes at all.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back