• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Experiences commuting on ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I work at CHQ and I have jumpseated many times on XJT. They have always welcomed me and made me feel at home. It's actually been nice to ride on a clean and orderly airplane. I also had a XJT jumpseater on one of my flights the other day. Despite a 3 hour delay in the deice pad and then 45 minutes of holding, it was a pleasure having him on board and he was nothing but cordial and polite. Nice job XJT. There are a few in every bunch, but I think most people from all airlines are very professional. The original poster must have had a run of bad luck.

Only one problem ever, nobody knew if they could take a JS to mexico, but they had 6 people working on it, and someone had been fired the week before for improper js protocol. Went to the ticket couner for DAL and got a cheap ZED and the total babe FA hooked it up wit' da' strong stuff.

never had a problem

As far as CAL gate agents,.... You have to understand that they are angry because you get a FREE ride in a seat that they don't have access to. They pay for their pass riding priveledges.

Woopie doo...Ask a gate agent how much she paid for training to get that job...Better yet, ask a gate agent about their college degree...Oh wait, you mean most gate agents have a GED at the most? Come on, man, be real... An airline can put flyers on a telephone poll and get a new-hire class for gate agents.

I appreciate the responses. All informative and useful. Glad I got to hear some of the other side. Thanks a ton. The weight restrictive ERs have been a problem. FWIW, I rode on a CRJ the other day that was weight restricted and still got on. Very inventive WB.

I have to agree that a leg like MSP-IAH is just asking for a restriction regardless of the regional airframe. Is CHQ still flying to MSP? Surely the CRJ-200 hasn't the fuel capacity to make that.

Funny how you act like you know nothing about the CRJ since you work for CHQ. You talk big here why don't you speak up when I walk up to the boarding area in CRP and tell me you are the one bashing us on flight info. Maybe I will bump some revenue passengers to make sure you get on. ENJOY THE DRIVE A**HOLE.

Woopie doo...Ask a gate agent how much she paid for training to get that job...Better yet, ask a gate agent about their college degree...Oh wait, you mean most gate agents have a GED at the most? Come on, man, be real... An airline can put flyers on a telephone poll and get a new-hire class for gate agents.

Did you miss the part where I said I wasn't excusing their behavior only stating where it comes from? Geez.

This whole thread was a flame bait. Notice the person that originated it has not commented on it since the first day. It started out being a thread about why we aren't seen at the gate asking for jumpseaters. Ended up being a thread about our whole jumpseat etiquette. I will take anyone I can and try as hard as I can to take them. I am a commuter as well. I call B.S. on the original poster and still ask the question as to wether he actually flies....

I suspect if the originator displayed the attitude of "me before revenue," he would not get a very warm reception. I'll bend over backwards (increase taxi fuel, lower altitude, etc.) to carry everyone I safely can. If I perceived this guy's attitude I likely wouldn't be in a "helping a brother out" kind of spirit either.

Seems I've heard United has the jumpseater figured into their empty weight.

I commuted on ExpressJet From MCI-CLE-MCI for 4 years, when I worked for CommutAir. This route was usually full so I was welcomed up front many times. I can say out of four years I was only denied the jumpseat 4 times, 3 for really overweight situtations, inwhich all three times the captain took the time to explain to me the reason for the denial, which I didn't expect or think was necessary. One other time was a captain who just said no for whatever reason. I really appreciate everything that your crews did to get me on throughout the years and I view your airline as a first class regional thank you.

SkyWest has some nazi gate agents too, especially in SLC

That's something of an ongoing battle. It's not so much the gate agent as it is our Ops. They run the math using some nonsensical numbers and then determine that we can't take an ACM, never bothering to ask us to run the numbers too. Then they tell the gate 'no jumpseats for (insert destination). That's changed somewhat fairly recently. They are supposed to send us an ACARS message letting us know about the ACM request. Seems that's running about 50% for me. I just go inside the terminal for a cup of coffee, ask the agent if there are any jumpseat requests, and stand around for a bit looking to see if anyone looks like they are trying to jumpseat. It's about the best we can do. Hard to get around Ops sometimes if they aren't giving you the proper information regarding ACM's.

The -200's are getting to be a real pain in the ass CG-wise when it comes to being able to get a guy/gal in the actual.

Latest resources

Back