• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Experiences commuting on ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"So you're suggesting that we leave revenue behind so that you can make your commute? I'm sorry.. I've commuted across the country for 3 years now and I've never expected anyone to do that for me.. nor will I do it for anyone else."

Hmmm, sounds like the same old Continental kool-aid here. One of the reasons I would never work for that company. I avoid Houston and the arrogant employees like a case of herpes.

It's not Kool-Aid.. it's just reality. I've always gone out of my way for jumpseaters, but there have been one or two times that I had to leave someone behind because of weight. What about the non-revs trying to get on as well? They are ahead of you in priority for those available seats but you're proposing that if we can't get everyone on due to weight I should take you and not the employee who is non revving?

I have to agree that a leg like MSP-IAH is just asking for a restriction regardless of the regional airframe. Is CHQ still flying to MSP? Surely the CRJ-200 hasn't the fuel capacity to make that.

I doubt Mesaba is ever weight restricted between MSP and IAH on the CRJ-900.

This is not Continental, its Continental Express dba Express Jet, two totally different entities no matter how much they'd like to say otherwise.

They just want Continental to buy them back. They believe this is going to happen. I feel for them though...their boss is an idiot, see failed branded flying idea.

Yes, the weight restrictions are a bear at times since they fly the most restrictive of all regional jets but even if we never go up to the gate to see anyone and we sit inside the cockpit, I would think it would be the proper thing to ask if jumpseaters are there. We've taken jumpseaters on a restriction of weight. I've just told the gate agents how many revenues can get on and allow for room for one in the cockpit. That's helping a brother out. That's all.

I've heard this same complaint from jumpseating XJT pilots who have spoken poorly of the habits of their own airline with regards to this process. Its not new even to their own commuting pilots. I just want the practice stopped of using the excuse of going to get paperwork when all you have to do is ask the bridge driver, etc... if there are jumpseaters who need to go to work. They take priority with us.

No ride for this guy after slamming the companies mgmt. Many are very loyal to our mgment. They at least had the balls to keep the planes flying when others would have thrown in the towel. Kudos to XJT mgmnt..

I appreciate the responses. All informative and useful. Glad I got to hear some of the other side. Thanks a ton. The weight restrictive ERs have been a problem. FWIW, I rode on a CRJ the other day that was weight restricted and still got on. Very inventive WB.

I have to agree that a leg like MSP-IAH is just asking for a restriction regardless of the regional airframe. Is CHQ still flying to MSP? Surely the CRJ-200 hasn't the fuel capacity to make that.

I'm sorry, do you really fly airplanes?????

Why would you expect to get on before a paying passenger? I'm all about getting everyone on, including jumpseaters, but that's just nonsense. That's just life as a commuter.

They just want Continental to buy them back. They believe this is going to happen.

Wow, I had no idea I felt that way. Thank you for letting me know what I want and believe.

Very inventive WB.

Thats the core issue here isn't it. The XJT guys coming in with the EP haven't been "inventive" enough!!

Is that what you're complaining about? If it is I think you'll find very few takers for your argument.

I've never heard of taking a jumpseater over a revenue passenger ever. New one to me. I never expected it, and never thought there were pilots that would expect it.

I am always willing to take 2 Jumpseaters as long as it's legal. How about all the other carriers? We are allowed to use the flight attendants Jumpseat. We only fly 50 seat a/c but have 2 jumpseats available-do any of the other regionals do this as well?

Latest resources

Back