Ex-United pilots weigh future without pension

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I third that.

Canyonblue must not have experienced the challenges of the airline business like many of the SWA pilots have. He certainly does not represent the overall feeling that we have towards others that are facing uncertainty in their futures. Most of us also know that things can be completely different in a very short period of time no matter where you work.

This airline depression affects all of us in some way. Whether its a friend who is furloughed, or the constant reminder that our industry is in trouble. Any airline, including Southwest, is vulnerable to the dynamics of the industry. Not believing so is just plain ignorant.

Good luck to all of us.

SWAdude :cool:

SWAdude, if you would have clicked on one of the links above you would have figured out that my post was a satire of what is more important than a UAL pilots pension, The Tsunami Relief Fund for people that have lost far more than even you. I know maybe you and some others on this board have been through furloughs and pay cuts but you are now employed at Southwest and have a bright future. These people have decades of ruin in front of them, perhaps they can't feel your pain of driving a car that is five years old as they are walking miles and miles to get to drinking water. And yes I have donated, and I know you probably have also. Yea, it sucks for anyone that counted on a retirement, but lets get a little fu(king perspective.

Last edited:
canyonblue said:
SWAdude, if you would have clicked on one of the links above you would have figured out that my post was a satire of what is more important than a UAL pilots pension, The Tsunami Relief Fund for people that have lost far more than even you. I know maybe you and some others on this board have been through furloughs and pay cuts but you are now employed at Southwest and have a bright future. These people have decades of ruin in front of them, perhaps they can't feel your pain of driving a car that is five years old as they are walking miles and miles to get to dinking water. And yes I have donated, and I know you probably have also. Yea, it sucks for anyone that counted on a retirement, but lets get a little fu(king perspective.

You seem to think a disaster minimizes the effect a person feels when their pension has been taken away from them.

Your are mistaken. Have some empathy man.

OUR future is only as bright as our next quarterly report. Things can change awfully fast my friend. To think otherwise is ignorant. We work in an extremely volitile industry. Ten years ago all the United pilots feel the same as you right now. Invincible. My how it can change quickly.

Respectfully,

SWAdude :cool:

SWAdude said:
You seem to think a disaster minimizes the effect a person feels when their pension has been taken away from them.

You think the UAL Pension problem is even close to what happened in Asia? And I though we did drug testing at Southwest. I am not invincible, and neither are you.

canyonblue said:
You think the UAL Pension problem is even close to what happened in Asia?

You just don't get it...do you. I think this is a forum about our industry. If you want to compare anything to a disaster....you win.

SWAdude said:
You just don't get it...do you. I think this is a forum about our industry. If you want to compare anything to a disaster....you win.

Oh sorry I thought I was on tsunamiinfo.com. :rolleyes:

canyonblue said:
Oh sorry I thought I was on tsunamiinfo.com. :rolleyes:

This is exactly why someone called you arrogant/ignorant. Like at work, you represent our company on this forum.

And your not doing a very good job.

Sorry. But thanks for another avoidance bid prospect.

canyonblue said:
Sorry. But thanks for another avoidance bid prospect.

No....THANK YOU!! I would not want to fly with someone with such a lack of empathy. It would be all about you.

And your showing your maturity again. Or lack of.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back