• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ex-Gulfstream International Airline pilot files complaint with FAA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Again, for those of you not paying attention, what is the unsafe condition that the pilot in question could sue for?

Think outside the box...

All the pilot had to do was to have everyone on board hold their breath for a minute while they climbed to 15000 feet to overfly the practice areas.

Problem solved!

Andyd, I agree with you on all points. I've never flown for Gulfstream, but I know James Bystrom, from when he was in the service, CHS 315th. For those of you who bash him...have you ever held the position of Chief Pilot? Didn't think so, you try it for awhile and post me your thoughts. He's recieved numerous commendations and was squardon airman of the year, back in the day. He has a dedication to service,that many of you "Members" do not understand. So, understand the source newspaper and a fired employee.

Don't believe all of the fairy tales Lakes is telling you. I was taxiing out that night in ORD when those yahoos landed gear up on 4R. The reason they landed gear up is gross disregard for sterile cockpit and professionalism. They did not run ANY checklists (as proven by the CVR).

According to the cvr they ran the checklists they were suppose to but just did not put the gear down when the flap up landing checklist called for it..

Also the cvr showed that the gear warning horn was not working when they were on approach. It was only after they hit the ground that the gear warning horn could be heard on the cvr.

http://ntsb.gov/ntsb/GenPDF.asp?id=CHI01FA084&rpt=fa

even though the aircraft was perfectly airworthy

Legal does not = airworthy. It's up to the PIC to determine whether the aircraft is truly airworthy.

Legal does not = airworthy. It's up to the PIC to determine whether the aircraft is truly airworthy.
Close but no cigar, I think I understand the point you make but the pilot in question will need a bit more, valid concerns that will defend his final decision.

It's a sad day in aviation when not just management but regular line pilots are doing their part to tear down Captain's authority.

Dash, hope you aren't referring to me, just trying to get the full story, trying to get PCL to point out wasn't safe about taking this flight, if I understand this right, the aircraft pressurization and TCAS was MEL'd, is this a valid reason to turn down the trip, or is there more to the story?

Latest resources

Back