Ewr-lga

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
greenpickle said:
Is there an easier way that isnt horribly expensive?

I would start out with the AirTrain from EWR to New York Penn Station. ($14)

From here there are a number of choices that depend on your timeframe and budget.

1. Taxi from Penn Station to LGA about 25-30 bucks
2. Express bus from Penn Station to LGA leaves every 30 min for $12
http://www.nyairportservice.com
3. Walk down a couple blocks to catch the N or W to Austoria Blvd. and
catch the M60 to LGA ($2)
4. Grab the A orC train at Penn station and transfer to the M60 at 125th St.
Free tour of Harlem on this one!! ($2)
5. Grab the E train to Jackson Heights to the Q33 bus to LGA ($2)

Depending on how much luggage you're carrying, it can be a pain dragging a suitcase and flight bag through the subway and onto the public bus. Try them all. See which one you like.

Propsfullfwd said:
you can save a 1.25 if you want to catch the Robert Treat hotel van from P4 and walk to Newark Penn. it is 2 blocks...

props

Now you're thinking like a pilot!!!

Could save money by swimming the Hudson too.

greenpickle said:
Is there an easier way that isnt horribly expensive?

Uh, maybe getting based somewhere else? :)

as an ewr commuter, ive had to go from lga and jfk to ewr several times....when you arrive at any of these airports, go to the port authority desk in baggage claim and ask to be booked on the next shuttle bus to your destination ...its 21 bucks with your id from jfk-ewr, and 29 from lga-ewr...go to the port authority of ny/nj website and look at the link for airport-airport transfers..you can then get the schedule of when the shuttles depart those aiports. ......if you go between jfk and ewr, theres also the airtrain (costs more..but very reliable...youll take the monorail from ewr-nj transit...then go to penn station ny..then connect to long island rr to jamaica queens to the airtran out to jfk)

My original post was removed, strange but here it is again;
ETS 718-221-5341
They give crew discount and direct service with no stops.

Believe it or not, a lot of times when I have to go from LGA to EWR and I have more than 5 hours, I j/s up to BOS and then j/s down to EWR. A lot of times it's faster and there's no hassle with trains and buses, you can sleep on both flights... and it's FREE! sounds crazy but works like a charm.

aa73 said:
Believe it or not, a lot of times when I have to go from LGA to EWR and I have more than 5 hours, I j/s up to BOS and then j/s down to EWR. A lot of times it's faster and there's no hassle with trains and buses, you can sleep on both flights... and it's FREE! sounds crazy but works like a charm.

There's your answer on the cheapest way.

aa73 said:

Dude, you deserve a medal. That's some crafty commitin'

Latest resources

Back