Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

waka

Emasculating the Right
I heard that you guys signed a contract to use your crews to fly their 7-4's? What's the scoop? When does that go into effect?

When are they going to recall their furloughed pilots...

Contract "ain't" gonna happen from what I am hearing. World was awarded it again.

Our offer was for a 747-400, World was for the MD-11. Sonair said thanks but no thanks.

As far as the furloughed guys go, your guess is a good as mine. There are quite a few good guys waiting for a phone call...

Contract "ain't" gonna happen from what I am hearing. World was awarded it again.

Our offer was for a 747-400, World was for the MD-11. Sonair said thanks but no thanks.

As far as the furloughed guys go, your guess is a good as mine. There are quite a few good guys waiting for a phone call...

World is doing it on a month by month basis until the 747-4's are up and running...this is what World told some of their crews...whether Evergreen got it or not is another story.

Rumors at World:
*Contract is over in September (furlough 60 FA's).
*Sonair already has three 74s on the property waiting to be operated by a contractor to the US and China.
*They want an Angolan pilot in the cockpit, will never happen with a World contract.
*They want Angolan FAs, another World no go.
*Evergreen got the contract.
*Atlas got the contract.

There are two ex Oasis 74 combi's in Marana that are supposedly for SonAir

EZ will NEVER put an Angolan in the cockpit...

I don't know about that...Evergreen was quite willing to stick crews in planes with JADE pilots a year ago. I would never underestimate what Dell would do for dollars. It would actually make sense to use their FA's and qualify EZ crews for their airplanes and certificate rather than EZ having to set up and get FAA OP Specs and approval for their own FA program.

Last edited:
The FA thing I believe. The Jade "experiment" was an attempt to make some money by using our already qualified 400 guys.

I don't know about that...Evergreen was quite willing to stick crews in planes with JADE pilots a year ago. I would never underestimate what Dell would do for dollars. It would actually make sense to use their FA's and qualify EZ crews for their airplanes and certificate rather than EZ having to set up and get FAA OP Specs and approval for their own FA program.

Latest resources

Back