• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Evergreen Hiring 60..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's what I heard from the someone in class now...

- 2nd -400 fell thru due to Smith not jumping on it fast enough, or going high enough on price...

- 2 more in play from another carrier, discussions are afoot as to price and particulars.

- Contract is signed with client in the Middle East for ACMI

- UPS starting early this year

- AMC demanding 92% on time performance of ALL their contractors and having -200's will make this VERY hard to do..

- Company is seeking to increase crews allowed by Mr. Smith as a result of this 92% requirement

- Hiring is mostly for attrition at this time

- One more class, likely all -400 crews next month

- Chairman (I'm not sure of his name, the guy below Mr. Smith) of the company told newhires and captain upgrades at a meet and great he's hoping that after they pay a balloon payment at the end of the year for $77M, they'll be in a position to sit with the union and sign a contract... not for the 30% the unions wants, but for something better than what's there now..

Wow!!! I heard the same stuff exactly when I was hired about 5 years ago!!! The only difference being there was a new contract in Africa istead of the Mid east!!! Evergreen is a fun place to fly..I had a blast!!! But beware those considering being new hires..I had two good friends that were hired around this time of year and on the last day of ground school after taking the systems test....Buzz arrived and furloughed them all!! Like I said its a blast flying there....but Del will drop you in a second if it saves him a few$ that day....even if it means wasting all the $ they spent on your training!!

I was told the same thing too. I was also told that if I would bid the B747-400 as a Captain, I would get it before I finish new hire training. Many years later; I am still an F/O.

The crews are great and when I do fly, it is alot of fun. The fun flying is the only thing that keeps me here. Don't drink the cool aid as a new hire. Can we get the cool aid with an adult beverage this time?

Then stop asking us what is going on in MMV everytime you see one of us !!

Or we can all sit in the lobby and listen to the sky is falling the sky is falling..

I had to listen to guys telling me that the 491 deal fell apart when the plane was flying from HKG to ANC..

Because loadmasters and mechanics at this airline know so much better???!!! That's where most of the 5-clowns rumors start. I haven't heard a darn thing out of a loadmaster or mechanics mouth in the last 2 yrs that was any more knowledgeable about the grimm than what is spewed in the 5-towns lobby.

Like someone said..."there are very few people here who know what's really going on"...and most of the time they don't know!

As far as the Saudia contract.....anyone here remember Jade! Just cause there's a contract doesn't mean Smitty won't fu*k it up!

I'll believe we are getting another 400 when I'm sitting in it.

Oh and i've heard "the next one's in bridging" for quite some time now. Another load!

Last edited:
Then stop asking us what is going on in MMV everytime you see one of us !!

Or we can all sit in the lobby and listen to the sky is falling the sky is falling..

I had to listen to guys telling me that the 491 deal fell apart when the plane was flying from HKG to ANC..

Zoneload;

What is happening in MMV?

The sky IS falling!

Don't believe the rumors about 491. Del will still claim he can't make any money with 400's.

:beer:

Hey Zoneload,

So what is going on in MMV? Is 491 going to start flying for us or not?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back