• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Evergreen Hiring 60..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Same thing that always happens. Nothing! Just a lot of hopeful wishes. We will still be talking about that new contract that we might get in about 20 years, the -400's that will be here in just a few months. So nothing will change, the same old lip service while we sit bored in the Five Towns getting fat on cake.

You could walk to the Bayhouse to work off the cake.. I don't know what is going on with you contract but I hope you guys get something soon..

Enjoy your day..

Well we have a 400 to start the cotract...And I assume they plan on finding another one by June

I think they are bringing people on because we are short crews.

Enjoy the pound cake and the stories.. Try to have a good time also..

Yes we can use the 400 we have.....but then what happens in Hong Kong ? Will the freight forwarders be happy with a 200?

Personally, I don't think we are short crews.....come to the 5 Towns....we have more guys sitting around than anytime in the last few years and we continue to hire, for what? In the last few months I have spent many days just sitting.

I have sat so much in the 5 Towns that I am sick of pound cake! And stale coffee!

Does anybody know if we are going to continue to upgrade FO's to Capt. ? They announced a bunch a month ago, are they still going to happen?

For you guys in McMinnville, stay away from the green koolaid. The secret ingredient is not good for you!

Stale coffee? at least the cake is fresh.. I think they are hiring crews for the new AMC contract and the new on time requirement. I hope they still plan on upgrading guys because that is good for you guys..

My only point is don't buy into everything said in the lobby of the 5 towns. In the past 20 years I have heard some things that make me shake my head and most of it starts in the lobby of the 5 towns. Are things great no but thet could be worse.. We are all employed for now and I think we should be OK for a month or so.. I chose to think that they will get somemore -400's because they will bring us more work.

Yes we can use the 400 we have.....but then what happens in Hong Kong ? Will the freight forwarders be happy with a 200?

Personally, I don't think we are short crews.....come to the 5 Towns....we have more guys sitting around than anytime in the last few years and we continue to hire, for what? In the last few months I have spent many days just sitting.

I have sat so much in the 5 Towns that I am sick of pound cake! And stale coffee!

Does anybody know if we are going to continue to upgrade FO's to Capt. ? They announced a bunch a month ago, are they still going to happen?

For you guys in McMinnville, stay away from the green koolaid. The secret ingredient is not good for you!

I think if they wanted to they could put 490 on the HKG thing till they get another -400. Things should slow down a little after christmass so they could get away with it. The only thing that is going to hurt is paying for the tech stop.

I had not thought of dedicating 490 on the HKG run temporarily. Makes sense. Therefore, McMinnville will not do it.

So what if we tech stop. It's not like it will make the trip unprofitable. As long as the forwarders accept it.

My only point is don't buy into everything said in the lobby of the 5 towns. In the past 20 years I have heard some things that make me shake my head and most of it starts in the lobby of the 5 towns.

Because loadmasters and mechanics at this airline know so much better???!!! That's where most of the 5-clowns rumors start. I haven't heard a darn thing out of a loadmaster or mechanics mouth in the last 2 yrs that was any more knowledgeable about the grimm than what is spewed in the 5-towns lobby.

Like someone said..."there are very few people here who know what's really going on"...and most of the time they don't know!

As far as the Saudia contract.....anyone here remember Jade! Just cause there's a contract doesn't mean Smitty won't fu*k it up!

I'll believe we are getting another 400 when I'm sitting in it.

Oh and i've heard "the next one's in bridging" for quite some time now. Another load!

Nothing will ever change around here. This thread is getting boring.........must need more cake and coffee.

Here's what I heard from the someone in class now...

- 2nd -400 fell thru due to Smith not jumping on it fast enough, or going high enough on price...

- 2 more in play from another carrier, discussions are afoot as to price and particulars.

- Contract is signed with client in the Middle East for ACMI

- UPS starting early this year

- AMC demanding 92% on time performance of ALL their contractors and having -200's will make this VERY hard to do..

- Company is seeking to increase crews allowed by Mr. Smith as a result of this 92% requirement

- Hiring is mostly for attrition at this time

- One more class, likely all -400 crews next month

- Chairman (I'm not sure of his name, the guy below Mr. Smith) of the company told newhires and captain upgrades at a meet and great he's hoping that after they pay a balloon payment at the end of the year for $77M, they'll be in a position to sit with the union and sign a contract... not for the 30% the unions wants, but for something better than what's there now..

Latest resources

Back