• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Evergreen Hiring 60..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard there's a strike vote out, supposed to close soon... how pilot unity over there?

wishing you guys the best for 2011.

If we vote for the strike authorization like we did voting down the contract the unity is here. The contract voted down 96%.

I saw a lot of Evergreen 742s during the peak Xmas rush. What are the company plans concerning those planes? Will there be those typical after Xmas furloughs? What is the "story" with Evergreen? Will you dump the 742s and replace them with the 744s?

Last edited:
I saw a lot of Evergreen 742s during the peak Xmas rush. What are the company plans concerning those planes? Will there be those typical after Xmas furloughs? What is the "story" with Evergreen? Will you dump the 742s and replace them with the 744s?

the last time EZ did a "Seasonal Furlough" from what I understand was in 2006.. I hear they're short staffed and with the signing of their Saudia ACMI deal will be using what little excess capacity they have on Chinese ACMI routes.. I could be wrong, but that's what "I hear".

The -200's aren't going anywhere. One airplane has one heavy check left then it is done.
There are no plans to replace the -200's at all. :(

They furloughed in 2008 and 2009.

you work there and know this for sure? I've got a friend who does and they told me the last one was 4 years ago.

you work there and know this for sure? I've got a friend who does and they told me the last one was 4 years ago.

Yes, we furloughed in 08 + 09. Evergreen furloughs fairly often. But we were short staffed this Xmas peak. The rumor mill has us fairly busy this Jan. and Feb. though, so probably no furloughs this year.

We just need more planes! But none are on the horizon.

I remember in '06 they furloughed a class on the last day of ground school before Christmas. Buzz came in and furloughed everyone after telling them how it was such a great time to get hired with all the expansion......

Latest resources

Back