Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
D

dukeaviator

Anybody working a Evergreen can answer a few questions?

After you interview, I know there are only three possible outcome...get hired and start in an upcomming class or be put in a pool and wait to get call or get the not interest in you letter.

1. If you get put in the pool, what are some reasons for being put in the pool instead of being put in the next class?

2. If you meet the owner and get his seal of approval, how much weight does that have on the interview panal board to be put in the next class?

3. Having a employee rec help an applicant get hired into the next class?

thx in advance.

Duke

1. If you get put in the pool, what are some reasons for being put in the pool instead of being put in the next class?

You get put in the pool for 3 reasons.

1. If the next class has not been scheduled yet (which happened to me) 2. If the next scheduled class is full or 3. You are hirable but the other individuals you interviewed with are more qualified. Eitherway it used to be that if you were in the pool then it didn't mean much. But I can tell you that with our growth plans the pool is going to stay pretty drained.

2. If you meet the owner and get his seal of approval, how much weight does that have on the interview panal board to be put in the next class?

IF you happen to meet Mr. Smith as part of your interview, which is not that common, then he will pretty much decide if you get a job. If you do meet Mr. Smith BE HONEST. He will know if you are bs'ing him. Most people don't meet him until you are already in ground school.

3. Having a employee rec help an applicant get hired into the next class?

As with EVERYTHING in aviation there is a lot of "Who You Know." In my class there was 12 of us and everyone had internal recommendations but me and another guy. So recs are important.

thanks for the quick reply....

1. If the next class has not been scheduled yet (which happened to me) 2. If the next scheduled class is full or 3. You are hirable but the other individuals you interviewed with are more qualified. Eitherway it used to be that if you were in the pool then it didn't mean much. But I can tell you that with our growth plans the pool is going to stay pretty drained.

I recently interviewed, and the recruiter informed us that they had 5 slots open for thier Aug class. I had the upmost professional interview experience I ever had in my career. everyone I met, including Mr. Smith, made me feel as if I were part of their family, even though I was hired yet. I sincerly thank you for the experience.:) I haven't received a favorable response yet, though I am patiently waiting, I am looking forward to being part of the family.

Of the other candidates there, 1- furlough freight guy , and 1- Regional Captain. All of us met Mr. Smith and recieved his endorsement.

IF you happen to meet Mr. Smith as part of your interview, which is not that common, then he will pretty much decide if you get a job. If you do meet Mr. Smith BE HONEST. He will know if you are bs'ing him. Most people don't meet him until you are already in ground school.

I guess we were fortunate.

As with EVERYTHING in aviation there is a lot of "Who You Know." In my class there was 12 of us and everyone had internal recommendations but me and another guy. So recs are important.

We all had Recommendations.

We got a chance to meet the Exec VP and he informed us that the growth plans. Great times ahead. 18 months to 2yrs upgrades. Wants to double the fleet by next year. Hopefully I'll be a part of it....STAY TUNE......

Duke

But I can tell you that with our growth plans the pool is going to stay pretty drained.

What are the proposed growth plans at EIA?

The word is doubling our fleet in the next 12 - 18 months or so. Cargolux which was going to assist with the LCF backed out so now we are the lone LCF opperator. And by the sounds of it Boeing is taking in so many more orders then origionally thought that they are going to open more factories to build the 787 which would mean more LCF's. So things are looking pretty good here. Last I heard we are having classes every month through the end of the year.

No training contract. Just a gentlemens agreement that you will stay for 2 years.

Does Evergreen have home basing? I know the headquarters is in OR, but they base pilots out of NY, right? Just curious how the lifestyle works there. Thx.

No home basing. However, we do have a travel bank. Which basically allows you to purchase tickets to and from your home. How it works is the company buys you a ticket from where ever in the world your trip stops to JFK. You can then jumpseat home on an Evergreen airplane and they will put 1/2 of the ticket value into your bank. With that you can purchase a ticket home. It gets a little more complex, but thats it in a nutshell

Thx mv. Do they make any exceptions for folks opting to live near the HQ in OR? Or are you still operating out of the bank system?

Latest resources

Back