Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ever get Turned or Slowed for The "Love Machine"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well I'd prefer a nice medium rare ribeye from Eddy V's in Austin as well but I've been pleasantly surprised at the new menu choices on the 757 and 767 this year. And out in the Pacific on the 767-400 out of Guam and Japan, the menu is set for crews but always spicy and tasty. The Guam based FA's will cook and bring things to heat up on the NRT day trips. They always offer us their homeade treats on top of our crew meals. But I know, I'm just a lowly FO who doesn't make $200 and hour and doesn't get to enjoy power layovers of 12-16 hours where a mad dash to a steak place to throw my money around and suck a few drinks down before I bump up against the 8 hour rule.......my life sucks.....

The big question is this... Do you work for a Major?? He He HE

Gotta work for a major ya know

And I was in PHX the other day and got held for 3 - count em- 3(!) - cactus jets and 2 mesa's -And 3 more LUV jets!! It's bs I say!! I hate holding for my own company! ;-)
there's nothing diabolical other than human nature- Swa tends to be ready on the ground and do what they need in the air- it's been said, but if your airline is always scheduling a/c to depart at the same exact time- if your fellow pilots are always taxiing at a brisk walk bc youre paid by the minute- or 'waiting on #'s' or saying unable to a slam dunk approach playing the "safety" card, then b!tching about how long your downwind is on the same approach....etc etc

sometimes you just get the controllers you deserve.

Last edited:
ATC knows that when they ask us for something - they are going to get it.

Gup
aka The Speed Demon

This gentlemen is the key! Married to a controller now for 5years. Do what they say and what they want. You will get what you want. Trust me.

The "mistake break" isn't just for fun, and having traffic in sight or roger We're at 10,ooo goes aloooooooong way.

SWA holds a master key to ask and you shall recieve.

On my last trip, on approach to BDL, we were given extened vectors to RWY 24 so that they could slip traffic in on 15 before we got there. Of course it was Southwest. I could see him on the TCAS and with standared vectors I would have easily been on the ground before he got there. To top it off, Southwest ended up having to go around because they could not make it down in time.

Sure thing "sport" just remember to fly like the controller asks you to and maybe next time I will not have to go around. And don't worry, someday you will be all grown up and have as many hours as me and you might be able to fly your plane as well as I can fly mine.[/QUOTE]

This statement is usually made one who flies his ego much better than his aircraft. Generally a hamfist, but thats just me talking!!:laugh:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back