• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ever do something dumb yourself?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And what was he doing in your room at O'dark Thirty? Little too much to drink the night before, thought you'd act on one of those taboo fantasies of yours???

Good one....

No way I'm using the coffee maker in the room. This was downstairs at breakfast. Two crews go out on the same van at this place.

I've done so many of those thing - poured the creamer in the trash, reached for the turn signal, misread the clock - makes me feel normal after all.

Here's another one -

Took off in a Baron. At 500 AGL attempted to retard the props to 2500 rpm but grabbed the mixture controls by mistake. Fortunately both engines restarted when I restored the gas.

The alarm clock I have you flick a switch to set the alarm time and then have to put the switch back so see the time... I go to sleep early for my 5:30 am show, I wake up look at my clock... it says 345 time to get up! So I get up and get ready to go... I get in the car and look at my clock and the time said 12:15am.

I get very confused and my other clocks agree with the 12:15 error... I walked back inside and flushed my alarm clock down the toilet.

The day didnt get much better! :)
Done that before. I had about a 5:00 Am show time with a reduced rest the night before. Being as exhausted as I was I crashed at 8:00Pm that night for the early wakeup. Heard the alarm, popped up, hopped in the shower, got dressed and just about ready to walk out the door for the van when I glanced at the clock and it was only 10:00 PM. I looked at the alarm on my phone and it was still set for 4:30 AM. I think I stood there with a blank stare for 2 or 3 full minutes thinking how the hell that had just happend. I must have heard my alarm in a dream and took it for being the real one. To top it off I had to look at my pairing to remember where I was. Absolutely clueless that morning. I guess you got me beat since you made it out to your car.

I once had a terrible nightmare (sleepwalk)on an overnight. It scared me so bad that I shot out of bed and grabbed the door handle to run out of the room but that crazy latch prevented it. Good thing that little latch was there because I sleep naked. I woke up standing by the door and went back to bed. I didn't realize until later that I would have been in the hall with no clothes on with no room key at 1am. Pretty.

I once had a terrible nightmare (sleepwalk)on an overnight. It scared me so bad that I shot out of bed and grabbed the door handle to run out of the room but that crazy latch prevented it. Good thing that little latch was there because I sleep naked. I woke up standing by the door and went back to bed. I didn't realize until later that I would have been in the hall with no clothes on with no room key at 1am. Pretty.

I sure hope the cleaning staff changes the sheets every morning. :eek:

I'm a restless sleep at times, and I'll wake up (sleep walk actually) and imagine somebody is in the room with me. kind of like thinking the lamp in the corner of the room looks like a person standing there.

Luckily I manage to wake myself up before I start throwing cell phones and clock radios at it.

After a long day of instructing, I found myself pulling back on my steering wheel as traffic began to slow, in an attempt to climb over it.
Also Rambling on to the pax at the end of a 14+ duty hour day, I Included our airline and flight number at the end!!! (something like sit back and enjoy your flight, blah blah blah skywest 6789.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back