• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ever do something dumb yourself?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After many hours of highway driving one night, I hit a fog bank. very smoothly transitioned to instruments and concentrated on my scan... it took me a few seconds to realise that was not the correct procedure for car-imc afterall. saved by a straight road and no traffic....

glad to be here

After many hours of highway driving one night, I hit a fog bank. very smoothly transitioned to instruments and concentrated on my scan... it took me a few seconds to realise that was not the correct procedure for car-imc afterall. saved by a straight road and no traffic....

glad to be here

Been there, done that. I don't think we're the only ones.

I forgot about not putting the gear down when flying 135. I figured it out when the airplane didn't slow down after I pulled the power off in the flare. Got the power back and went around. I don't know exactly how close I was to scraping the airplane up, but I was wide awake and wired for the second attempt after that.

Anyone ever read back the total at a drive through?

YES

Here's something non-aviation related but it still makes me a dumba$$. A few friends and I were on a trip down south to tour a well known business jet maker back in September. About halfway through the drive down I passed out in the back of the van and woke up when we stopped off for gas. Since I was still groggy from sleeping I went into the convenience store and picked up a 40 of Smirnoff ice or something cheap to pregame on the way down to the hotel. You should have seen the looks on everyone's face when I walked out to the van. One of my buds asked me "What are you doing with that?" My reply... "Nah, dont worry about it man, im just gonne drink it in the ca....oh...d@mn..."

It may be one of those "You had to be there" things...

:)

Man, this thread is refreshing. I've gone through life thinking that I'm a total retard, now I realize that it's just normal - well, at least normal among all the freakshows here on FI...

Another non-aviation but...

On a road trip with some friends we pulled off to get some gas as we were near empty. I pumped the gas while everyone else went in to the store. After they came back out we sat there while it was pumping and complained how we weren't making very good time and should be able to make it the rest of the way without stopping again for gas. So I payed at the pump and off we went. Once back on the main road I look down and the saw the low fuel light go off. Confused on how that could be I thought it was error with the guage. I pulled out the receipt and it read $1.50. I'm still embarassed to think how long I stood out there with no gas being pumped into the car. Needless to say this didn't help our ontime performance.

Grabbed my airport badge (opens doors when in proximity of a reader) and thrust it at my Ford. Oddly, the doors didn't unlock.

glad to be here

find myself doing this all the time, especially in heavy rain on the interstate

Damn, I transition from flying to not flying the second my feet hit Lot 3. Of course, I don't get to excited about much when I'm flying either......

The day I park my car and reach up to turn the generators off is the day I'll go sell insurance for a living.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back