Ever do something dumb yourself?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

#%&@$!

I was enjoying the thread about stupid passenger questions and recalled something I once did...

After a long day flying I was driving my airport car back to the crash pad and stopped at Wendys. After placing my order, I took my foot off the brake pedal and started rolling towards the drive up window, but since it sloped up hill I needed to add a bit of thrust. I was tired and the take out window ahead on my left gave me the illusion of a jet bridge so instead of stepping on the gas I pushed the automatic transmission into neutral.

I have a hard trime transitioning from my sweet handle bars back to a normal steering wheel. Plus Im on the wrong side

The wife is driving, pulls up to a 4-way stop (I'm a little - ok, a LOT hungover)...
Me: (looking over right shoulder) "Clear right."
Wife: "What???"
Me: "Nevermind..."

The wife is driving, pulls up to a 4-way stop (I'm a little - ok, a LOT hungover)...
Me: (looking over right shoulder) "Clear right."
Wife: "What???"
Me: "Nevermind..."
chuckle.

yup, done that.

Another one from the Seminole days...

Problem: A little fast on final
Solution: Press on toe brakes :nuts:

I'd come off a stupid-long stretch during the 135 days, sat down in the car, and said "Let's run the Before Start Checklist, please..."

And waited.... for someone to yank the chocks. Nice.

Durning a line check, I was off altitude by 30 - 50 feet or so, so i adjusted the altimeter to show what i should have been. Check airmen didnt notice.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back