• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ever do something dumb yourself?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was driving home from a 4-day a couple a day's ago. It started to snow, so of course I tried to find the engine anti-ice switch. Hmmm.

Oh, and another one: I was driving to the girlfriends when I looked at the gas gauge, and the low-fuel light was on. For a second, I was wondering why I didn't get a chime. . .

Fun topic.

driving home after a long day, after making a turn looking at the speedometer and thinking, is my hsi broken cause its not moving/at the same time thinking is atc vectoring me now?

I was taking a slam in the DNL pilot lounge this morning and spilled an entire cup of coffee on my junk and screamed like a pre pubescent school boy. True story. Try hot coffee directly to the exposed nuts and see if u dont tear up!

Years ago, returning from one of my first solos, I was changing lanes on the highway, and unconsciously added a little right "accelerator" in order to make a coordinated turn. Dang.

Wandered the parking lot for 25 minutes looking for my car the other nite after getting back from a trip.

I was flying pipeline hungover; 2nd day on the last leg after about six hours covering God's country (exhausted). I was turning base to final and reached up to hit the blinker for a left turn. Bad.

I was reading the owner's manual of my new (to me) car when I came across the section describing the stability control system. It said that if the system was installed in the car there would be an annunciator light on the speedometer. I immediately began the search for the lamp test switch. D'oh! It took me a few minutes to figure out that the only way to see the light was to look during the self test during start-up.

Anyone ever hear that back in the day helicopter pilots in the military weren't allowed to ride motorcycles because the throttles twisted opposite ways. . .?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back