• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ever do something dumb yourself?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hadn't driven a car for about three months, and was flying a Warrior, so when I finally got into a car, I reached for the ignition on the bottom left of the dash...I'm...dumb

I've never done anything dumb. The only thing I can add is that there's a stretch of I-20 between ATL and somwehere west of there that has you driving with a centerline(yellow, at that), in the left lane[road work area]. It's all I can do not to steer with my feet when it's late. But I'm better at maintaining lane than anyone else.....so I got that going for me.........which is nice. Once again, I've never done anything dumb. Except for that one woman in XNA.

Done this more than once.....

Waking up at Oh God thirty for a butthole o'clock report, and when candying up the coffee I dumped 4 packs of sugar and 2 creamers into the little trash can they put there for the empties. The last time it happened there was another pilot from a different company standing there who watched the whole episode.

Sad part was, it seemed normal to him......

Oh yeah... I worked at an FBO where I learned to fly while I was in college. There was another airport next to the school where I was taking a summer class.

One day I had a report due I totally forgot about and ended up bumming an airplane while at work to run it over to the school. (Maybe a 15 min flight each way).

I landed at the airport next to the school, went to grab the report, and yep.... no stinking report. Had to fly back to the other airport to get the damn thing, then ended up setting the airplane on fire when it backfired into the updraft carb box. Melted the cowling a bit, but no real damage.

Finally had to rent an airplane to save my bacon to get the paper in on time. Professor wouldn't give me any slack....

Another one from the Seminole days...

Problem: A little fast on final
Solution: Press on toe brakes :nuts:

One of the better ones, thanks for the laugh...

My favorite one was responsing to traffic and saying "we're IFR". Took me half a second to realize how f'ing stupid I was.

The alarm clock I have you flick a switch to set the alarm time and then have to put the switch back so see the time... I go to sleep early for my 5:30 am show, I wake up look at my clock... it says 345 time to get up! So I get up and get ready to go... I get in the car and look at my clock and the time said 12:15am.

I get very confused and my other clocks agree with the 12:15 error... I walked back inside and flushed my alarm clock down the toilet.

The day didnt get much better! :)

Waking up at Oh God thirty for a butthole o'clock report, and when candying up the coffee I dumped 4 packs of sugar and 2 creamers into the little trash can they put there for the empties. The last time it happened there was another pilot from a different company standing there who watched the whole episode.
Sad part was, it seemed normal to him......

And what was he doing in your room at O'dark Thirty? Little too much to drink the night before, thought you'd act on one of those taboo fantasies of yours???

Latest resources

Back