• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ever do something dumb yourself?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Saying "gear up" after takeoff in a Cessna (172 straightleg)

After instructing for around 2000 hours, I've told countless friends to watch their airspeed while riding shotgun. AHHHHHH

I sat at a stop sign waiting for the light to change.

I searched for 45 one night! man did I feel stupid

After a six day trip (my fault - I picked it up) I once wandered the parking lot looking for the airport car... I spent 45 minutes looking for it and could not find it. I was standing in the parking lot shelter, trying to remember where I may have parked the heap, looked up, and there was my other "nice" car.

After instructing for around 2000 hours, I've told countless friends to watch their airspeed while riding shotgun. AHHHHHH

Coming into the airlines with a lot of MEI time, I would subconcsiously place my feet lightly on the pedals when the captain was landing. It must have pretty subtle, nobody ever seemed to notice.

Wandered the parking lot after a four-day looking for my truck...........only to realize I had the other car.

Started up a hill, going home, and looked at the dash for a compass heading and to see what my rate of climb was.

Did the 'clear right' thing to my wife as well.

AF :cool:

Was smoking a cigerette on the car ride into DTW one snowy, morning at 5am. Had my window open a little and a snowplow in the opposite direction sprayed me with salty, dirt-ridden snow. The incoming spray put the cigerette out while still hanging from my mouth and it soaked my uniform.
To boot, it was my last trip before being furloughed. So I went into work wearing a dirt/salt covered uniform and didn't care one bit.

Hahahaha!

One cold, dark 5am morning I was scheduled for a kick-off flight and walked tired & mindless out to the aircraft...I got closer & closer...it was about 30 seconds before I realized I was using my truck's keyless entry to try and "beep" the plane open. :)

-FW

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back