• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ever do something dumb yourself?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Never lift your hand palm out towards your wife and tell her to "standby for one" while you're changing tracks on the cd. I think we we're having some sort of important conversation; topic changed quite a bit after that.

Best thread in a long time.

Another non-aviation but...

On a road trip with some friends we pulled off to get some gas as we were near empty. I pumped the gas while everyone else went in to the store. After they came back out we sat there while it was pumping and complained how we weren't making very good time and should be able to make it the rest of the way without stopping again for gas. So I payed at the pump and off we went. Once back on the main road I look down and the saw the low fuel light go off. Confused on how that could be I thought it was error with the guage. I pulled out the receipt and it read $1.50. I'm still embarassed to think how long I stood out there with no gas being pumped into the car. Needless to say this didn't help our ontime performance.

Once in college, After filling up the tank with gas, I hopped in the car and drove away from the pump. I heard a loud bang!! looked in the rear view mirror to see the pump handle and hose dangling from my cars gas-hole. (did I mention I was about 20 feet from the pump now) DOH!

Well, luckly the girl behind the counter came out and told me to just go-ahead and leave, this happened every "so-often".

Once in college, After filling up the tank with gas, I hopped in the car and drove away from the pump. I heard a loud bang!! looked in the rear view mirror to see the pump handle and hose dangling from my cars gas-hole. (did I mention I was about 20 feet from the pump now) DOH!

Well, luckly the girl behind the counter came out and told me to just go-ahead and leave, this happened every "so-often".

Did the same thing in uniform after a four day. I was new, beat, and had started to come down sick late that afternoon and was now driving 185 miles home. It must have really been an inspiration to go flying to the few people around the pumps at the time.

On a 2 lane road, I was driving on the center of the line that divides the 2 lanes. I was using small corrections to stay on the center line until my brain said W T F are doing?

How about not checking the alarm clock in the hotel...waking up...shaving, showering getting dressed and waiting in the lobby for 30 minutes before I realized it was actually 120am. Of course that was for a 5am show on day 1 of 5. Needless to say, I was pi$$ed.

Did the same thing in uniform after a four day. I was new, beat, and had started to come down sick late that afternoon and was now driving 185 miles home. It must have really been an inspiration to go flying to the few people around the pumps at the time.

Done that one also. I made it out on to the road though. Funny thing was that I was late for work that day and just threw the hose in my trunk and went to work. After work and a car that smelled like gasoline I returned the hose to the gas station. It was wierd walking up to the counter with their gas hose in your hands and ask where he wanted me to put it. Guy had no idea what to tell me so I just layed it down next to the broken pump and went on my way.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back