Etihad Airways Road Show

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A320 time for the A320 slots.

If you meet the minimums, they're setting up interviews at the roadshows for A320 FO positions, interviews for other aircraft and DEC's would start in early 09.

Just curious - what are the salary and benefits offered for A320 FO positions? How long until upgrade to A320 PIC? That's a big move to the desert to just sit in the FO position for a long while...

Someone told me about a friend who was just hired into the A340-600 as an FO at Etihad. Are they no longer hiring into the widebodies?

Hey Positive Rate,

It would probably be an easy transition for you - from one desert to another... ;)

Just curious - what are the salary and benefits offered for A320 FO positions? How long until upgrade to A320 PIC? That's a big move to the desert to just sit in the FO position for a long while...

Someone told me about a friend who was just hired into the A340-600 as an FO at Etihad. Are they no longer hiring into the widebodies?

Hey Positive Rate,

It would probably be an easy transition for you - from one desert to another... ;)

I'll be first to admit, I know little more about the company than what I've seen at the roadshow and what I've read online here and at pprune, but I'll try to answer some of the questions...

Salary for FO is the same on all aircraft - $6925 US/mo + housing allowance of 43k US/yr + free medical + flight time override + perdiem. They told us average take home for FO's is 8k/mo USD in the first year.

I've heard upgrade anywhere from 2-3 years. They have 41 a/c now and another 100+ on order. The numbers look good on paper for a fairly quick upgrade...how that translates to reality - I don't know.

At least at this roadshow, it was A320 FO's only they wanted. DEC for 330/340 later this year and everyone with Boeing time will be considered for the 777 at somepoint after January. But unless you were a current 330 or 340 FO, it did not sound like they were hiring into widebodies.

One desert to another...that's for sure.

Close to the Airbus min..or over 500 on type PIC thanks

It appeared that SIC time was fine to meet the qualifications. It was unclear whether an SIC only type was an issue. All I can tell you is they offered many pilots interviews who had 1500-2000 hrs+ in the bus, but only the SIC type.

Last edited:
I'll be first to admit, I know little more about the company than what I've seen at the roadshow and what I've read online here and at pprune, but I'll try to answer some of the questions...

Salary for FO is the same on all aircraft - $6925 US/mo + housing allowance of 43k US/yr + free medical + flight time override + perdiem. They told us average take home for FO's is 8k/mo USD in the first year.

I've heard upgrade anywhere from 2-3 years. They have 41 a/c now and another 100+ on order. The numbers look good on paper for a fairly quick upgrade...how that translates to reality - I don't know.

At least at this roadshow, it was A320 FO's only they wanted. DEC for 330/340 later this year and everyone with Boeing time will be considered for the 777 at somepoint after January. But unless you were a current 330 or 340 FO, it did not sound like they were hiring into widebodies.

One desert to another...that's for sure.

It appeared that SIC time was fine to meet the qualifications. It was unclear whether an SIC only type was an issue. All I can tell you is they offered many pilots interviews who had 1500-2000 hrs+ in the bus, but only the SIC type.

I don't have the Airbus time but I think if you are furloughed this type of experience certainly couldn't hurt (so long as you are single or your family is game). It might be fun to explore the Middle East for a few years at the least - you could hopefully return when recalled or even stay if you really like the expat life. It certainly could be an adventure - so long as you can afford it. Hopefully you could get some PIC time out of it.

Sounds like Etihad has some serious government-cash behind it - 35 787s on firm order:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etihad

+ housing allowance of 43k US/yr +

I think its 43K UAE Dirham and not US $

The housing allowance is 160000 AEdirhams/ year for FO's and 170 for captain.

1 usd= 3.67 usd I believe.

in Miami, guys were getting interviews with less than 500 on 320 as long as U had the type. I fu were furloughed, they gave priority on dates.

does anyone know if they help your wife out getting a visa and if she can even work over there. how are the us woman treated and how much would you need to conform to their ways. ie: dress and food. is the homes they provide decent and are they centrally located to other expats. flying to me is the same no matter where i am at but the wife has to stay in country and would like to know how other's wives have been doing over there.

does anyone know if they help your wife out getting a visa and if she can even work over there. how are the us woman treated and how much would you need to conform to their ways. ie: dress and food. is the homes they provide decent and are they centrally located to other expats. flying to me is the same no matter where i am at but the wife has to stay in country and would like to know how other's wives have been doing over there.

Your spouse gets a work permit on day one if i remember correctly. a friend's wife actually got hired by Etihad in the sales department I believe.
with 80% of expatriates, i guess your wife will not be the only one.

Latest resources

Back